Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-27-2010, 02:18 PM   #1
DougFNJ
Avid Reader
DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature, 2TB iPad Pro 11”
"The Pouch" Just arrived for my Daily Edition

As much as I like the Soft cover and hard case Sony included with my PRS-900, there are drawbacks to each.

The Soft Cover protects the screen well of course, and it's held closed using a magnet which is great. So when it is sitting on a table or desk, it is good, however, if it is put in my briefcase, something can easily slip between the cover and the screen and scratch it

The Hard Cover is great if I am putting my PRS-900 in a suitcase, or putting it away for a few days if I know I won't use it. I use it with the Soft cover on, although it is tight, it fits just fine and provides great protection against falls, bumps, pretty much anything. The only drawback to it is it drastically increases the size of the device, so portability is gone. It's not as easy to bring along everywhere as just the reader by itself.

So I wanted something in between. I needed a cover that would protect the device from being exposed, but wasn't so large. When I originally bought the PRS-500 I had the same problem, and through recommendations from fellow members, I had ordered "The Pouch" from thepouch.com. It was custom sized and made of neoprene and nylon, and had a hard flap that covered the front of the device adding more protection securing it all with velcro. I used that pouch for the 500, the 505, and the 600 and it fit all three perfectly. Then I upgraded to the 900 and of course it no longer fit.

So I contacted Bob the owner on Thursday last week. Told him I was looking to order one for my Daily Edition. I gave him the specs of the device 5 inches wide, 8 1/8 inches tall, and 23/32 inches deep (With Soft Cover). It came out to $42 including shipping, he said he would have it out on Monday. I received it today (Wednesday).

This one is different than the first one in a couple of ways. No hard flap that covers the entire front, the velcro secures it towards the top. There is an included buckle on the back that uses a plastic clip. It also has a curved cut on top under the flap to make the Reader easier to grab.

I was a little disappointed with not having the hard flap on the front and emailed Bob to find out why they changed it, but overall, this is what I needed, and am happy to have the protection of not having my Reader exposed when traveling, while keeping it portable.

Here are the photos.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pouch1.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	44442   Click image for larger version

Name:	pouch2.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	44443   Click image for larger version

Name:	pouch3.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	44444   Click image for larger version

Name:	pouch4.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	44445  
DougFNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 03:16 PM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
I like it, specifically the form fitting factor! The price stings, but hey, it's an investment.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2010, 04:24 PM   #3
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
I received an email from MEdge today saying they will have covers for the 900 this spring.

I love their covers.
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 04:33 PM   #4
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by advocate2 View Post
I received an email from MEdge today saying they will have covers for the 900 this spring.

I love their covers.
I'm a fan as well. Once an M-Edge cover is available my hard case won't be used much.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 05:12 PM   #5
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
I agree. I adored my 505's M-Edge cover.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2010, 06:13 PM   #6
Treven
Addict
Treven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad
As much as I liked my M-edge cover for my 700, I'm beginning to really like my new BookArmor cover. Even with the original reader cover, it still fits in my jeans & my ski jacket pockets; and I like the zipper closure.
Treven is offline   Reply With Quote