Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-01-2009, 04:23 PM   #1
Angst
Cannon Fodder
Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle DX, Kindle Paperwhite
Does the PRS505 light wedge work with PRS600?

I really want to know if the PRS505 light wedge cover will work with PRS600. I love the light wedge. It's one of the main reasons I bout the 505 over the Kindle.

The new light integrated cover for the 600 seems to be LED. I much prefer the light wedge.

I don't want to upgrade if it means losing the light wedge.
Angst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 05:07 PM   #2
JanetCinNC
Groupie
JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 650 in red, Sony PRS-600 in red, Sony PRS-505 in red, iPad 2
No, the lightwedge and case does not work with the 600. You can see a picture I took of the 600 in the lightwedge case by clicking here, near the bottom of the page.

Someone, sorry don't remember who, said he had taken the lightwedge out of the case and used rubber bands to hold it in place over the screen of the 600. I haven't seen any picture of how he did that.

And by the way, you do know the lights in the lightwedge are LEDs?
JanetCinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2009, 05:24 PM   #3
Angst
Cannon Fodder
Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle DX, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetCinNC View Post
No, the lightwedge and case does not work with the 600. You can see a picture I took of the 600 in the lightwedge case by clicking here, near the bottom of the page.
Thanks for the pix. It looks like I'll be sticking with my 505 for the time being.

Quote:
And by the way, you do know the lights in the lightwedge are LEDs?
Actually, I don't know that they are LEDs. Just an assumption on my part. Here is the link to the new light cover on sonystyle:
http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...52921665924185
Angst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 05:39 PM   #4
JanetCinNC
Groupie
JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 650 in red, Sony PRS-600 in red, Sony PRS-505 in red, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angst View Post
Actually, I don't know that they are LEDs. Just an assumption on my part. Here is the link to the new light cover on sonystyle:
http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...52921665924185
No, I'm sure you're right about the new cover having LEDs. I mean the old lightwedge case ALSO uses LEDs. Is there a reason you don't like LEDs?
JanetCinNC is offline   Reply With Quote