Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 02-13-2014, 04:30 AM   #1
john.sheridan
john.sheridan began at the beginning.

Device: none
Conversion to PDF, footers

Hi

I am converting a book from HTML to PDF, though input format does not really matter here.

I am using _PAGENUM_ and _AUTHOR_ to add footers to the output pdf.

What I would really like to do is have the footers starting from, say, a third or fourth page, so that they do NOT appear as the part of the front matter (the title page, copyright, TOC etc), but DO appear on all the other pages.

(it would be even better if I could exclude them from certain pages within the book too, but skipping only the first few would do)

I have been trying to get this to work for a couple of days now, with no success, does anyone know a way to do it?

Many Thanks

PS not attaching an example as it would not help here, will knock one together if anyone thinks it would be of help to them
john.sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 04:39 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Use something like this as your template:

Code:
<div class="page_PAGENUM_">whatever you want</div><style>.page1,  page2, page3, .page4 { display:none}</style>
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2014, 04:57 AM   #3
john.sheridan
john.sheridan began at the beginning.

Device: none
you rule

works a charm

john.sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 06:52 AM   #4
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
I think Kovid should have a halo added to his piccy ...... he surely deserves canonisation for his services to ereadery

(Admittedly, I envy those who can ask such erudite questions as to merit a solution "straight from the horses mouth" - I sometimes can't understand their problems, let alone the obviously correct answers - but I do keep trying )
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
footer, pdf