Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-21-2013, 12:33 AM   #1
sbwtxj
Groupie
sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kindle keyboard,kindle touch,PB touch lux
Unhappy how to simply display chinese characters in Epub and txt?

Hello,

I want to say how to not convert files into the T3 ,and displaying chinese characters?

I think the T3 is a international ereader, why not support chinese character, such as GB code and Big5 code in e-books.

so i don't know how to setup the device.

thanks.
sbwtxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:20 AM   #2
yts06mgr
Nameless Being

Although T3 does not provide Chinese user interface, it can handle ePubs in Chinese. The same goes with T2.
Advert
Old 10-25-2013, 08:46 AM   #3
sbwtxj
Groupie
sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by yts06mgr View Post
Although T3 does not provide Chinese user interface, it can handle ePubs in Chinese. The same goes with T2.
Thanks,
Not only epub, but also need display TXT ,and so on.

Need the way which directly put into device and display .

So waiting root? I think the sony is international Corp. why not provide other language?
Old 10-26-2013, 02:33 PM   #4
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbwtxj View Post
Thanks,
Not only epub, but also need display TXT ,and so on.

Need the way which directly put into device and display .

So waiting root? I think the sony is international Corp. why not provide other language?
They do when you buy it in that other country. If you want a Chinese version you would need to buy it in China not Japan or North America. It doesn't make financial sense for a company to offer firmware in all languages in all the countries that the item is sold in. And I don't believe there is an option to change it from one to another. I think I remember someone asking a similar question on here before.

So if you have the Japanese version, you're not going to get Chinese on it certainly not with the help of Sony anyways.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 01:46 AM   #5
sbwtxj
Groupie

Unhappy

Yes, i know not get anyway help with SONY. I try that nothing help from SONY.

So i want to know someone help me to change Japanese menu to English menu.

If no way, i will only give up this device.
Advert
Old 10-27-2013, 04:32 AM   #6
rjcroy
Bibliophile
rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Yes, i know not get anyway help with SONY. I try that nothing help from SONY.

So i want to know someone help me to change Japanese menu to English menu.

If no way, i will only give up this device.
For the PRS-T1 (at least) the Japanese firmware was significantly different to the English firmware. For a start, in Japan they were not using epub, so the Japanese firmware supported a different book format.

I doubt the Japanese firmware will have an option for English.
rjcroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 05:59 AM   #7
sbwtxj
Groupie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjcroy View Post
For the PRS-T1 (at least) the Japanese firmware was significantly different to the English firmware. For a start, in Japan they were not using epub, so the Japanese firmware supported a different book format.

Thanks for your advice, I hope you help me to make good use of this equipment.
Hoping to find a solution.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:12 AM   #8
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjcroy View Post

The Japanese 650 can be set in Japanese or in English and from what I've seen in store the T1 was behaving the same way (going to settings/general settings/language/...). But maybe the demo units were different from the ones actually sold.
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 03:59 AM   #9
sbwtxj
Groupie

sorry everyone,
the Japanese menu has no english language,
so i will give up the excellent device.

And i have no simple way to change epub ,txt or doc file into supporting chinese files.
The chinese T1's way is complex.
Old 11-14-2013, 09:27 AM   #10
yanwong1990
yanwong1990 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Prs-T3(prospective)
Quote:
sorry everyone,
the Japanese menu has no english language,
so i will give up the excellent device.

And i have no simple way to change epub ,txt or doc file into supporting chinese files.
The chinese T1's way is complex.
It's not complex actually. Simply use calibre, add some CSS as default when converting epub can fix the problem.

Please refer to the following page for reference:
http://www.hi-pda.com/forum/viewthre...extra=page%3D1

Notes: Source file need to be in unicode/utf-8
yanwong1990 is offline   Reply With Quote