Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 02-13-2013, 03:32 PM   #1
Pogzy
Pogzy began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO TOUCH
Unhappy beginner question

Hi,

I am writing a plugin but I missed a point, how to add a books from a file on disk to the Calibre library?

This should be very obvious for many people, but I dont find how to do it in the Plugin API doc. If somebody could point to me an short source example, or the place where it is in the doc, I would be very grateful.

Bye
Pogzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:34 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You need to get a database object and use one of the methods on that. Look in database2.py for the interface to the database. And assuming you are writing an interface action plugin, you get the database by self.gui.current_db
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert