Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-26-2007, 09:11 AM   #1
memobug
Connoisseur
memobug began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500/PRS-505/Kindle DX/iPhone 3G
Red face Reading in bed can be hazardous to your health!

As a frequent bed-time reader, I often find myself dozing away with a book in hand. The Sony Reader has made this a bit of an interesting experience.

Twice so far, I've woken up with the reader under my shoulder, which is fine, but a couple of times I actually dropped the thing on my face, not just once, but repetitively.

See, as I doze off, the hand holding the reader droops down until...

SMACK! I get a faceful of Reader. Then I wake up and start reading again, until...

SMACK! it happens a second (or third) time!

Now, I have this flat spot where my nose used to be, and noseprints on the glass. What I really need now is some form of protective headgear!

Regards,

Matt
memobug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:27 AM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Maybe add a layer of foam rubber to the top edge?
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2007, 09:45 AM   #3
Robert Marquard
Delphi-Guy
Robert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheese

Device: iLiad, Palm T3
Get more interesting books which do not make you sleepy. :-)
Robert Marquard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:53 AM   #4
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 /prs 650 soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by memobug
As a frequent bed-time reader, I often find myself dozing away with a book in hand. The Sony Reader has made this a bit of an interesting experience.

Twice so far, I've woken up with the reader under my shoulder, which is fine, but a couple of times I actually dropped the thing on my face, not just once, but repetitively.

See, as I doze off, the hand holding the reader droops down until...

SMACK! I get a faceful of Reader. Then I wake up and start reading again, until...

SMACK! it happens a second (or third) time!

Now, I have this flat spot where my nose used to be, and noseprints on the glass. What I really need now is some form of protective headgear!

Regards,

Matt
LMAO.......... Sorry Matt but that was funny........ I do this on the couch, dose/drop the reader (thank goodness alittle hand made laynard), start to read/doze......can do this maybe 10 times... then I go and take a caffeine pill to WAKE UP!!!!!
Aprilbeginnings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:23 AM   #5
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Perhaps you need some protective head gear like they have for people with broken necks that could be rigged to hold the Reader in front of your head.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2007, 10:49 AM   #6
DougFNJ
Avid Reader
DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature, 2TB iPad Pro 11”
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood
Perhaps you need some protective head gear like they have for people with broken necks that could be rigged to hold the Reader in front of your head.
I just couldn't stop laughing at this one, as soon as the visual of it entered my head, THAT was funny!
DougFNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 11:02 AM   #7
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Wow, I had completely forgotten until reading this, but I've done the same thing myself with a paper book years ago. Pretty funny!

But... after the book hit me in the face the first time, I just put it away and went back to sleep! I guess some of us just take a little longer to learn our lessons!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 11:15 AM   #8
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
Funny, with me the reader falls the other way and lands on my lap. I do the same, when In wake up I just continue reading until it happends again. Real die-hards if you ask me!
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 11:20 AM   #9
DougFNJ
Avid Reader
DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature, 2TB iPad Pro 11”
2 Definitions of insanity:

#1 Insanity is repeating the same mistake over and over expecting different results.

#2 Insanity is repeating the same mistakes over and over KNOWING what is going to happen, but doing it anyway
DougFNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 03:43 PM   #10
Moonraker
Addict
Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ILiad. Gen 3, PocketBook 360, Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Oasis 2
This happens to me when I start a new book. Keep dozing off, waking up repeatedly. I get angry with myself because I want to read!

But once I'm in the middle of a good book the sleepiness disappears and I will often read to 4 or 5 am in the morning.

I seem to have hit a lucky patch because my last 4 or 5 books have been un-put-downable.
Moonraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 03:51 PM   #11
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonraker
I seem to have hit a lucky patch because my last 4 or 5 books have been un-put-downable.
That's a very, very good thing if you are reading e-books in the tub!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 03:59 PM   #12
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonraker
And these last books would be?????????????????
Old 03-26-2007, 08:17 PM   #13
Moonraker
Addict
Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ILiad. Gen 3, PocketBook 360, Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
And these last books would be?????????????????
Most recently read first:

Leonard Goldberg - Fatal Care
Peter Clements - Mortal Remains
Greg Rucka - A Fistful of Rain
John Dunning - The Bookman's Wake
Joe R Lansdale - The Bottoms
Margaret Atwood - The Handmaid's Tale
Michael Crichton - Next
Rob Grant - Fat
Philip Roth - Portnoy's Complaint
Stephen King - Lisey's Story
Simon Clark - The Night of the Triffids

Hmmm - more than 4 or 5 - all these books have kept me awake well into the small hours.
Moonraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 09:19 AM   #14
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

Cool, I have mortal Remains, Lisey's story and Next...... I love Medical who dunnits, I just ran Mortal Remains through the bookdesigner so maybe that will be the book I start to read today.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:20 AM   #15
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Hah! It also happened to me at various times, but I was too embarrassed to tell you about it
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote