Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-31-2013, 04:34 PM   #1
panini
panini began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Kindle for PC - Copying multiple highlights

Hi All,

Ive got this problem with a book. Ive read it entirely and made around 250 highlights throughout the book, which I now would look to group together (copy/paste into a text editor) to make a sort of resume about it.

I can do this via Kindle for PC: show my highlights and copy/paste them 1 by 1. This will take me ages and Im not a monkey!
I know I could use a clipper and go to the online kindle page, but that gives me 2 problems:
1. I can only see 170 out of 250 highlights there because of author clipping limits
2. it only shows a few lines, then you have to click show more highlights and 9 out of 10 it then gives me an error.
Is there any way I can copy/paste all my highlights at once? With any other program maybe? Or use the mbp file or ebook file to extract the highlights?
This is so frustrating because I put so much effort into this book. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
panini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:29 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Copy the "My Clippings" text file to your PC and open it with any text editor. All your highlights are in there.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:03 AM   #3
panini

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Copy the "My Clippings" text file to your PC and open it with any text editor. All your highlights are in there.
unfortunately that also doesnt work. Ive checked that file, and I think it only holds the highlights you make in the book when you work on it via the actual kindle device.
I made highlights on different computers via kindle for pc.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:25 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You're out of luck in that case, I'm afraid. I'd suggest that in future you stick to creating highlights on your Kindle.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:25 AM   #5
panini

Damn, there must be some way to extract those highlights from the book files generated by kindle for pc? Anyone?
Old 02-01-2013, 10:33 AM   #6
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by panini View Post
Damn, there must be some way to extract those highlights from the book files generated by kindle for pc? Anyone?
Try mobipocket notes file extractor.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:09 AM   #7
panini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Doitsu, you seriously made my day! Thank you so much for the support. Notes were converted to a text file in a second!
Old 02-05-2013, 10:17 AM   #8
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Use Snagit available here: http://www.techsmith.com/index.html

You can then copy all highlights, notes and the entire eBook if you wish from Kindle for PC. You can copy it in Text form or JPG form.

If you play video games, you can make videos of your entire play time as well.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote