Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 07-16-2020, 04:04 PM   #1
Sahviere
Sahviere can grok the meaning of the universe.Sahviere can grok the meaning of the universe.Sahviere can grok the meaning of the universe.Sahviere can grok the meaning of the universe.Sahviere can grok the meaning of the universe.Sahviere can grok the meaning of the universe.Sahviere can grok the meaning of the universe.Sahviere can grok the meaning of the universe.Sahviere can grok the meaning of the universe.Sahviere can grok the meaning of the universe.Sahviere can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kindle
Unhappy Constant Disconnects from Box Cloud

Hi, just recently moved my library from Dropbox Cloud connection to Box, but it's incredibly frustrating because although it connects fine, allows me to set up my library path and download books etc, the connection doesn't 'stick'.

The next time I open CC, be it an hour or a day later, I have to go through the whole process of logging into Box, authorising and setting up the library path. This happens even if I haven't shut CC down, but left it open as a background app.

Is there some setting I'm missing here, be it on Box or CC? Is there any other info I can provide to help resolve this?

Thanks.
Sahviere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 12:17 AM   #2
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
same here. dropbox "sticks" ok, box does not.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2020, 03:51 AM   #3
omneity
omneity began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note Pro, Onyx Boox Poke Pro, Likebook Mars, Likebook Ares
Have to re-authenticate with Box each connection.

As others have reported Box connection always asks for re-authentication, see screenshot for details.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200802-084517.png
Views:	214
Size:	150.8 KB
ID:	181073  
omneity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 07:15 PM   #4
Sahviere
Sahviere can grok the meaning of the universe.Sahviere can grok the meaning of the universe.Sahviere can grok the meaning of the universe.Sahviere can grok the meaning of the universe.Sahviere can grok the meaning of the universe.Sahviere can grok the meaning of the universe.Sahviere can grok the meaning of the universe.Sahviere can grok the meaning of the universe.Sahviere can grok the meaning of the universe.Sahviere can grok the meaning of the universe.Sahviere can grok the meaning of the universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahviere View Post
Hi, just recently moved my library from Dropbox Cloud connection to Box, but it's incredibly frustrating because although it connects fine, allows me to set up my library path and download books etc, the connection doesn't 'stick'.

The next time I open CC, be it an hour or a day later, I have to go through the whole process of logging into Box, authorising and setting up the library path. This happens even if I haven't shut CC down, but left it open as a background app.

Is there some setting I'm missing here, be it on Box or CC? Is there any other info I can provide to help resolve this?

Thanks.
And with no response at all, I'm done with CC. I've found a very viable alternative which provides much better filtering capacity and who responded to a feature request in 24 hours. My thanks to the original CC app developer, I used it for several years but it's time to move on.
Old 08-08-2020, 12:17 AM   #5
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
..I've found a very viable alternative which provides much better filtering capacity and who responded to a feature request in 24 hours. My thanks to the original CC app developer, I used it for several years but it's time to move on.
do tell

of the calibre-xxx products in google play store which i investigated, all but one are broken for cloud connctions, and the remaining one - calibre-carte- is new and very basic
CALIBRE-GO, CALIBRE-BOX are both useless

last time I checked , CC+ BOX was still bugged, but maybe that fix is still outstanding. CC + Dropbox is good.

but CC with content server retrieves more metadata ( e.g. series) than CC with any Cloud, and also fixes any truncated file names on device
Advert
Old 08-10-2020, 01:55 PM   #6
PMrev
Groupie
PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: kindle
Hey All,

This is a confirmed bug in the Amazon app version.

We are focusing on resolving some other bugs right now but it is on our list to correct this authentication issue.

Will follow up when we are closer to release.

Thanks,
Alex
PMrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 09:20 PM   #7
Sahviere

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
do tell

of the calibre-xxx products in google play store which i investigated, all but one are broken for cloud connctions, and the remaining one - calibre-carte- is new and very basic
CALIBRE-GO, CALIBRE-BOX are both useless

last time I checked , CC+ BOX was still bugged, but maybe that fix is still outstanding. CC + Dropbox is good.

but CC with content server retrieves more metadata ( e.g. series) than CC with any Cloud, and also fixes any truncated file names on device
I don't feel comfortable with advertising an app in the thread of a competing app, sry!

Have pm'd you instead.
Old 08-16-2020, 08:54 AM   #8
Norbi24
Connoisseur
Norbi24 doesn't litterNorbi24 doesn't litter

Device: Tolino Vision HD4, BOOX Poke2
Quote:
I don't feel comfortable with advertising an app in the thread of a competing app, sry!
Have pm'd you instead.
Could you please send me a pm also on CC alternative?
Thanks
Norbi24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 09:09 AM   #9
stumped
Wizard

search your local google play store for any app with calibre in the name..
that's is how i found the other competitors, and search results now include this newer one [ which has no free trial/demo mode ] . its a pay-to-own app.
Old 08-20-2020, 05:39 PM   #10
PMrev
Groupie
PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Can anyone provide me the estimated amount of time before re-auth is required?

My connection lasted 6+ hours.
Old 08-31-2020, 01:27 PM   #11
PMrev
Groupie

This is fixed in Amazon app version for new release on 8/30.

Tags
box, cloud connect