Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 09-11-2020, 09:32 AM   #181
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by raca339 View Post
And I can confirm that Neo Reader does not appear on the navball so it's not that easy to return to the book you're currently reading when coming from another aplication.
I think the back button (soft and hard) return to Neoreader.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 11:03 AM   #182
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaEnd4VzYZM

I have the Nova Pro. I notice on this video at 7.05 that the navball has 8 icons. My navball only has 6 icons. Does anyone know if the last FW update gives the navball 8 icons?
I think you can have until 10 icons... You have a program in applications to configure that. At least is is in my Nova 2 and was in my Poke 2 before I returned it.
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2020, 05:42 PM   #183
ChrisHistorian76
Enthusiast
ChrisHistorian76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChrisHistorian76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChrisHistorian76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChrisHistorian76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChrisHistorian76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChrisHistorian76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChrisHistorian76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChrisHistorian76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChrisHistorian76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChrisHistorian76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChrisHistorian76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova Air & Kindle Oasis
Has anyone tried using OneNote or Evernote on the Nova 2? I wasn’t pleased with the extremely noticeable lag on the previous Onyx Boox device I owned. Since these apps aren’t optimized for e-ink, is there still a noticeable lag on the Nova 2?
ChrisHistorian76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 02:43 AM   #184
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisHistorian76 View Post
Has anyone tried using OneNote or Evernote on the Nova 2? I wasn’t pleased with the extremely noticeable lag on the previous Onyx Boox device I owned. Since these apps aren’t optimized for e-ink, is there still a noticeable lag on the Nova 2?
OneNote has a very horrible lag of a couple of seconds. I haven't tested Evernote.
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 04:20 PM   #185
raca339
raca339 is on a distinguished road

Device: Onyx Boox Nova2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
I think the back button (soft and hard) return to Neoreader.
Actually the back button simply goes... back!
For example if you're in the applications tab and you launch an app, then the back button leads you back to the applications tab.
raca339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2020, 07:07 PM   #186
TheJohnNewton
Addict
TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.

Device: Boox Nova 2
My last eink device I got 8 years ago. Kids and work since then have limited reading time but in 4 weeks I retire. After some quick research ordered one of these today. So much more capable than the old devices.
TheJohnNewton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 02:32 PM   #187
Botanicalstig
Botanicalstig began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisHistorian76 View Post
One note is difficult. It works fine, but with one drawback--your pen input is lagged by about 1 second. All other drawing apps will have the same problem.

Your notes sync to your one note account, however. So you can use the built in note pad to draw and then sync to one note for viewing on your phone or pc.

You can also share a note with a qr code, or save it as an image or pdf... The buit in notes app is pretty great IMO.
Botanicalstig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 03:03 PM   #188
garbanzo
bean
garbanzo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.garbanzo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.garbanzo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.garbanzo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Just got mine in the mail about an hour ago. I'm very happy with it so far! It works great with CBR/CBZ scans of old pulp mags, and the built-in reader makes it easy to crop right to the text to optimize screen space.

It even reads azw3 files right out of the box, which I was not expecting.

The form factor is great, the size is perfect, the interface is snappy, loading custom fonts is dead easy, the light is nice and even...

It looks like you can map the back button to home instead, but I'll leave it set to back. I have Library set as my home screen, so going from the book I just finished reading back to the Library to pick the next one is just about the only navigation I think I'll ever do
garbanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 12:04 AM   #189
bly08
bly08 began at the beginning.

Does anyone use a screen protector? For those who don't, does the stylus leave scratches over time, and how easy is it to clean to screen? Thanks.
bly08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 02:32 AM   #190
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bly08 View Post
Does anyone use a screen protector?
No.
Quote:
For those who don't, does the stylus leave scratches over time,
No.
Quote:
and how easy is it to clean to screen?
No problem - it is glass.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote