Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 04-11-2007, 10:27 AM   #16
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Ah yes, sorry about that . Best to set the page size to "US Letter" first if you're in the US. A4 is a little longer and a little narrower than "Letter".
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 12:11 AM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
One thing I'd like to ask. When creating the books that are posted here in the forum, are spaces between paragraphs on or off? I hope off as that really bugs me. The only book so far that I've checked out is the Sherlock Holmes books. Been working on a few lit that I own converting them to LRF.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2007, 02:13 AM   #18
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Off, I believe. They are certainly off for the recent books I've done.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:36 AM   #19
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
And I prefer a blank line between the paragraphs. However, the insert line after paragraph should be turned off for most books as it is indiscriminate in where it places the blank lines. For example, if there is an insert of verse it would put a blank line after each line of verse making the structure look absurd.

I do not feel that it is a waste of space (or trees when in a paper book) but gives the eye another visual clue that the book is moving on to another topic or thought or that another person is now speaking. An indent alone, while good, is not enough.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 01:19 PM   #20
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

I prefer blank lines too, but the problem with the "separate paragraphs" option in BD is that, if your book contains any short lines with hard-coded line ends - eg verse - it ends up double spaced too, which doesn't look very good. For that reason, I generally leave "separate paragraphs" turned off, and add my own blank lines wherever I deem it appropriate.
Advert
Old 04-13-2007, 06:31 PM   #21
jgs
jgs is on a distinguished road

Device: PRS-500
Opening an html0 File

I played with BD last night and per comments I saved to the BD. This morning I tried opening the file and all I get is a repeating dialog box asking me to "Open" or "Save". This dialog box keeps repeating with new versions of a blank document being opened. I went straignt to V5 without the recommended V4 with updates. What am I doing wrong.
jgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 07:03 PM   #22
BCCISProf
Enthusiast
BCCISProf began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS500, Nook
Centering Text

Is there any button or quick way to center text. Often there is material which at first are marked as titles (centered) and when converting them to paragraphs they become left justified, you then have to go to the 'format menu/more transformations/align-center'. Gets tiresome after a while. It would be nice if there was a button to center text. (maybe there is but I can't fine one )

Thanks
BCCISProf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 08:49 PM   #23
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgs
I played with BD last night and per comments I saved to the BD. This morning I tried opening the file and all I get is a repeating dialog box asking me to "Open" or "Save". This dialog box keeps repeating with new versions of a blank document being opened. I went straignt to V5 without the recommended V4 with updates. What am I doing wrong.
You need to install the original BD4 through their standard install. This registers all the components correctly. Then take the last update, unzip that and then copy all of the files (overwriting all the way) to the BookDesigner directory in Program Files. It should work fine then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCCISProf
Is there any button or quick way to center text. Often there is material which at first are marked as titles (centered) and when converting them to paragraphs they become left justified, you then have to go to the 'format menu/more transformations/align-center'. Gets tiresome after a while. It would be nice if there was a button to center text. (maybe there is but I can't fine one )
Not that I have found. Someone once suggested that the SubTitle button could be used for that purpose although that could create a great deal of confusion depending upon what other formatting conventions you may use. As a rule I try to format the text in Word prior to importing it to BookDesigner as I like the editor in Word better. (I am also more experienced with it.)
Old 04-13-2007, 11:00 PM   #24
BeB
BeB began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCCISProf

Thanks
RWood is right, no quick way to center align, however you could try changing the settings for one of the styles like epigraph, text author or cite (I use verse and annotation), only drawback is the look in BD won't be the same as the LRF.
BeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 12:28 PM   #25
jgs

Open and Reader/Editor Question

[QUOTE=RWood]You need to install the original BD4 through their standard install. This registers all the components correctly. Then take the last update, unzip that and then copy all of the files (overwriting all the way) to the BookDesigner directory in Program Files. It should work fine then.

OK, I installed V4 and then copies all the v5 files to the v5 directory. I still cannot open a previously created BD file that I have stored on my desktop. I still get a dialog box that asks whether I want to "Open" or "Save" the file that I requested to open. "Open" just repeats the same step all over again. I have not tried "Save". In the settings area, can I change the different output locations?

Another question: I clicked on the "R" and went to Reader mode. All menus went away. How do I get back to Editor mode?

Jim
Old 04-14-2007, 02:46 PM   #26
RWood
Technogeezer

First, the version 5 files are copied on top of the version 4 files so that you only have one directory when finished.

The only output locations I know how to change are the ones for where the Sony LRF files will be stored (under the save file as area in the Make eBooks|Sony Reader box) and the File|Save File As to save a source copy.

What is interesting is that there is not an option to save the file as a BookDesigner file. BookDesigner uses an extension of HTML0 (that's a zero at the end) and can be seen in the TMP area in the BookDesigner directory of Program Files. The HTM or HTML save options produce a file of exactly the same length and content (as reported by Ultra Compare.)

To get back to the editor mode click Configuration from the top menu bar and then select Editor/Reader Mode. This will return you to editor mode. (I got there once and do not plan on returning to reader mode again. )
Old 04-14-2007, 02:54 PM   #27
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood
What is interesting is that there is not an option to save the file as a BookDesigner file.
There is, but it's disguised as one of the "Make" options -- if you look at the little help labels that pop up when you hover over the "make" buttons, one of them is make a BookDesigner book.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 03:06 PM   #28
RWood
Technogeezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
There is, but it's disguised as one of the "Make" options -- if you look at the little help labels that pop up when you hover over the "make" buttons, one of them is make a BookDesigner book.
You sneeky dog you, I see it now. Thanks.
Old 04-14-2007, 03:08 PM   #29
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Heh, I didn't hide it there!
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 04:16 PM   #30
jgs

Set Path

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood
First, the version 5 files are copied on top of the version 4 files so that you only have one directory when finished.

The only output locations I know how to change are the ones for where the Sony LRF files will be stored (under the save file as area in the Make eBooks|Sony Reader box) and the File|Save File As to save a source copy.

What is interesting is that there is not an option to save the file as a BookDesigner file. BookDesigner uses an extension of HTML0 (that's a zero at the end) and can be seen in the TMP area in the BookDesigner directory of Program Files. The HTM or HTML save options produce a file of exactly the same length and content (as reported by Ultra Compare.)

To get back to the editor mode click Configuration from the top menu bar and then select Editor/Reader Mode. This will return you to editor mode. (I got there once and do not plan on returning to reader mode again. )
In the Settings/Output File Settings/Set Path, I have been successful in putting selected files in a directory of my choice. I just don't seem to be able to load a BD file that I saved to my desktop yesterday "before" I did a proper installation.

I am a bit nervous to go back to Reader mode. Where is the Top Menu Bar? It seemed like I had nothing.