Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 03-16-2018, 01:28 PM   #1
Diane L Kennedy
Diane L Kennedy began at the beginning.

Device: Nook - Kindle
No kindle book on PC

I have a kindle and the Kindle App on my Desktop. When I hook the Kindle up to my computer - with my Kindle USB - there are no books listed. The computer finds it, but when I click on it all it gives me is the internal memory, click on that and most of the folders are marked a being empty. (even the book folder).

Where are they and how do I get the list onto my computer.

Note I have a Nook and the same thing happens - no books found.
Diane L Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 02:11 PM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
I assume that you are writing about a Fire tablet since you posted in the Fire subforum and that you are discussing books purchased and delivered to the device by Amazon.

The book files are hidden away on the device somewhere like:
/sdcard/Android/data/com.amazon.kindle/files/Books/amzn1.account.XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
There is a subdirectory for each book named by the 10-character ASIN of the book.

Calibre is the best software available for listing books on reading devices, but I don't know if it works for Fire tablets. I suspect it won't.

Last edited by jhowell; 03-16-2018 at 03:03 PM.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote