Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 01-06-2018, 12:02 PM   #166
Waiting4somethin
Addict
Waiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the rough

Device: Wexler Flex One, NookST, n96ml+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmirko View Post
Lines also appeared on mine recently. Did you, by any chance, use a wireless charger? I did, and the lines appeared in the area where the charger touched the phone. Could be a coincidence, but maybe the e-ink screen doesn't like electrons flowing through it?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
There is a long thread on xda developers forums, it is apparently a heat issue in many cases, and I noticed mine overheated while charging.
Waiting4somethin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 06:17 AM   #167
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmirko View Post
Lines also appeared on mine recently. Did you, by any chance, use a wireless charger? I did, and the lines appeared in the area where the charger touched the phone. Could be a coincidence, but maybe the e-ink screen doesn't like electrons flowing through it?
I only charge my Yota2 using wireless, and I've never had any problems with the e-ink screen...

I'm eyeing the 3, but I think the price is a bit too steep...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 04:39 PM   #168
tracey1
Addict
tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
My YP2 is from China. Is there a way to change the language ? Changing it in the settings does not seem to solve the problem entirely.

Also : How do I manage to install Google play store ? The Google installer method isnt working.
tracey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 01:29 AM   #169
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracey1 View Post
My YP2 is from China. Is there a way to change the language ? Changing it in the settings does not seem to solve the problem entirely.

Also : How do I manage to install Google play store ? The Google installer method isnt working.
Upgrade to the latest firmware. You need to download the full updater and then copy it to the phone and restart, as far as I recall.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 09:40 AM   #170
tracey1
Addict
tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Upgrade to the latest firmware. You need to download the full updater and then copy it to the phone and restart, as far as I recall.
Is that necessary for what what I want to do ? If so, is there a safe way to prevent my phone from getting bricked or losing other functions ? I've read about a lot of people having issues after flashing
Old 01-30-2018, 10:22 AM   #171
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Is that necessary for what what I want to do ? If so, is there a safe way to prevent my phone from getting bricked or losing other functions ? I've read about a lot of people having issues after flashing
I didn't have any trouble setting English as the language on my Yotaphone that was from China. So I was suggesting upgrading to the most recent EU firmware as a way around whatever problem you have.
Old 01-31-2018, 09:11 AM   #172
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I've followed the installer found on XDA by the letter, and didn't have any problems. It took me a while before I dared to try, but wasn't disappointed.
Old 02-02-2018, 12:06 PM   #173
tracey1
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
I've followed the installer found on XDA by the letter, and didn't have any problems. It took me a while before I dared to try, but wasn't disappointed.
Can you point me to it ? Is it this one ?
https://www.google.de/amp/s/forum.xd...-t3547194/amp/
Old 02-02-2018, 12:44 PM   #174
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Doesn't look like the one I found. I downloaded a complete firmware installer, that just needed to be copied to the phone and gave me the EU Android 6 firmware.
Old 02-05-2018, 07:19 AM   #175
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Can you point me to it ? Is it this one ?
https://www.google.de/amp/s/forum.xd...-t3547194/amp/
That sounds like what I did...
Old 04-07-2018, 02:39 PM   #176
tracey1
Addict

Still no brick-safe tutorial for flashing ?
Old 09-07-2018, 08:39 PM   #177
tracey1
Addict

I still haven't gotton to get google play store and google services to work. Does anybody know howto do it without needing to flash ?
Old 09-08-2018, 03:11 AM   #178
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

I have play store, but I updated to a later firmware than the stock one.
Old 09-08-2018, 09:53 AM   #179
tracey1
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I have play store, but I updated to a later firmware than the stock one.
I'm hesitant to risk bricking the phone since it's still very new. Flashing also sounds like a lot of work with no garantuee of success

However, I noticed, you mentioned a 'complete firmware installer' in a previous post you just had to copy to the phone, is that correct ? That sounds a lot less complicated than the lenghty guide from xda that I posted.

Last edited by tracey1; 09-08-2018 at 09:59 AM.
Old 09-08-2018, 02:15 PM   #180
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Yes, it was some time ago, but I beleive I found a self-contained updater from the manufacturer that updated my phone. I had a quick look on my computer, and I can't find any details after this time, but there is something out there.