Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-04-2013, 11:31 AM   #1
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Notes, highlights and syncing

Have I missed something? Aren't notes and highlights supposed to sync automatically between devices if you are using an Amazon bought book? Or have they changed this in one of the latest Android apps?
I am reading a book in my Note 10.1 and my Galaxy Note, and it requires a fair amount of note taking, however I discovered that only the notes for each separate device is available. I can't find anything under settings, and I haven't tried opening the book in my K3.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 02:16 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
You probably have to sync. Some people say that you have to go back to the home screen before syncing. You also have to have wifi turned on.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2013, 05:54 PM   #3
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Do you mean a manual sync? I thought it synced automatically when you leave the application.
Old 07-04-2013, 06:54 PM   #4
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Not necessarily.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:11 AM   #5
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
On your My Kindle Page do you have Whispersync Device Synchronization turned on?
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2013, 11:46 PM   #6
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Do you have Annotations Backup turned on? It's under reading options as part of the settings menu.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 02:00 AM   #7
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic

Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Do you have Annotations Backup turned on? It's under reading options as part of the settings menu.
Those settings aren't available on the kindle4android app. Anyway, now it seems to work and I haven't changed anything so perhaps Amazon's servers has a hiccup?
Old 07-06-2013, 05:44 AM   #8
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
I am using a KT, a Paperwhite, an iPad and an iPad Mini with Kindle apps. While 'last page read' syncs reliably, annotations, bookmarks, and highlights are very 'hit or miss' with the iPad apps (but not across Kindles - those sync everything reliably). Most of the time they sync... eventually. But not always, and rarely right away.
It seems to have gotten worse lately, but I have not done any formal testing.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 06:01 AM   #9
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic

Quote:
Originally Posted by vxf View Post
I am using a KT, a Paperwhite, an iPad and an iPad Mini with Kindle apps. While 'last page read' syncs reliably, annotations, bookmarks, and highlights are very 'hit or miss' with the iPad apps (but not across Kindles - those sync everything reliably). Most of the time they sync... eventually. But not always, and rarely right away.
Ok, so there is some snag at times. Guess there isn't much a simple end user can do about this.
Old 07-06-2013, 11:15 AM   #10
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
Those settings aren't available on the kindle4android app. Anyway, now it seems to work and I haven't changed anything so perhaps Amazon's servers has a hiccup?
But they are available on the actual Kindle devices so if you have a PaperWhite and don't have that setting turned on that might account for some of the problems.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 03:23 PM   #11
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic

Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
But they are available on the actual Kindle devices so if you have a PaperWhite and don't have that setting turned on that might account for some of the problems.
I have a K3, and yes it was turned on. But your statement then begs the question what people who only uses the apps will do. Amazon markets the fact that you don't need a Kindle to buy e-books fairly aggressively.
Old 07-07-2013, 03:32 PM   #12
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by vxf View Post
I've noticed some problems with Whispersyncing highlights across iOS devices/aps and the Kindle for PC/Mac apps. Rarely use my Touch so I haven't noticed whether there is a issue with it too. I've found that I often have to close the book, then close the app, then reopen both to get the highlights to update. And still it can have issues. Eventually the highlights will get synced correctly. Rather frustrating though.