Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 10-28-2017, 10:35 AM   #1
bn_el
Enthusiast
bn_el is far more humble than you.bn_el is far more humble than you.bn_el is far more humble than you.bn_el is far more humble than you.bn_el is far more humble than you.bn_el is far more humble than you.bn_el is far more humble than you.bn_el is far more humble than you.bn_el is far more humble than you.bn_el is far more humble than you.bn_el is far more humble than you.

Device: T62c, Kobo Aura 1
KOReader + KA1 (4.6.9995) + KSM8 : auto-sleep

My KA1 goes to sleep while in KOReader after 1 hour of inactivity.

Am not complaining (especially as I was sure of no auto-sleep in KOReader), just wondering if there is a setting which will enable me to set the time for auto-sleep.

Ben
bn_el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 01:21 PM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
KOReader has added many features over time and its many nightly releases, so it really helps if you include the KOReader version that you are using. The current versions of KOReader have an "["auto_suspend_timeout_seconds"] = " that is in the /.adds/KOReader/settings.reader.lua file. I have mine set to 480 seconds or 8min. You can do 60x60, for an hour, or whatever you want.

Also, I don't think tshering has implemented anything that would set a sleep in KOReader.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 10-28-2017 at 01:23 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2017, 09:35 AM   #3
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
There's a plugin that does it with a default of 60 minutes, see here.

Just out of curiosity, what is it that you dislike about 60 minutes? I jumped high and low when it was about to default to 15 minutes, but 1 hour seemed like a quite reasonable compromise between not changing states immediately and not accidentally remaining on all night.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 11:33 AM   #4
bn_el
Enthusiast
bn_el is far more humble than you.bn_el is far more humble than you.bn_el is far more humble than you.bn_el is far more humble than you.bn_el is far more humble than you.bn_el is far more humble than you.bn_el is far more humble than you.bn_el is far more humble than you.bn_el is far more humble than you.bn_el is far more humble than you.bn_el is far more humble than you.

@Ken -
Thanks Ken for the info. Is the 'settings.reader.lua' documented somwhere ?

For future reference, Am on current nightly (1370).

@Frenzie - I like to know the why and the how.
Old 10-29-2017, 12:22 PM   #5
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There is some expectation that such documentation would end up in the project's WiKi pages. There are plenty of features that could use more documentation, but I have been lazy myself, and others like Frenzie have obviously been working on the code, with not a lot of additional time to keep the WiKi up to date. That settings lua, and a number of others, are meant to be somewhat self documented and include comments (in green, using Notepad++) that do a lot to explain the options for the settings. Take a look at the defaults.lua for an example.

I have to admit that this "Auto suspend" setting might be a good candidate for a menu item, or at least an "Advanced settings" item.

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 10-29-2017 at 12:26 PM.
Advert
Old 10-29-2017, 01:19 PM   #6
bn_el
Enthusiast

-- ^ --
Thanks ! Will look more into the files.
Old 10-29-2017, 04:22 PM   #7
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@poire-z has embarked on adding these hidden settings to the menus: https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ment-323927682 You can give him a little prod if you like. :P (But he's not available atm, so perhaps it's best to do so in a week instead.)
Old 10-30-2017, 10:59 AM   #8
bn_el
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
... . The current versions of KOReader have an "["auto_suspend_timeout_seconds"] = " that is in the /.adds/KOReader/settings.reader.lua file. ...
Ken
Looked in settings.reader.lua - and couldn't find such a setting. Grep'd all files in /.adds/koreader and only found "/.adds/koreader/plugins/autosuspend.koplugin/main.lua: local sec = settings:readSetting("auto_suspend_timeout_seconds ")".

So I've added the setting to the settings.reader.lua file, but there is no change on KOReader behaviour and when I open the file again - the line is lost.

Ideas ?

Thanks
Ben
Old 10-30-2017, 11:26 AM   #9
Frenzie
Wizard

If you make a syntax error then settings.reader.lua will be lost (i.e., overwritten) in its entirety.
Old 10-30-2017, 01:55 PM   #10
bn_el
Enthusiast

-- ^ --

Thanks. Will try again tomorrow.
Old 10-30-2017, 01:59 PM   #11
Ken Maltby
Wizard

This is one of the changes that I would make in the KOReader folder before or during an update:

In /koreader/plugins/autosuspend.koplugin/main.lua
By default, the timeout is set to 60*60 (1 hour). You can change it by tweaking the reader setting auto_suspend_timeout_seconds . To 480 for 8 min. Around line 37.

But I found that it appears in the "settings.reader.lua" now and doing it in the update is no longer needed. It may be easier to make the change above and restart KOReader.
(It looks like they have dropped "auto_suspend_timeout_seconds" variable and you would have to just change the 60 * 60 to what you want. You might just change the last 60 to the number of min you want.)

I think it migrated the setting, but may be I just added this line to settings.reader.lua myself: ["auto_suspend_timeout_seconds"] = 480, The comma at the end is required.

Not sure how your device being Android might effect the process.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 10-30-2017 at 02:15 PM.
Old 10-30-2017, 05:22 PM   #12
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by bn_el View Post
Thanks. Will try again tomorrow.
Best practice is (at least in my opinion) first to make backup, then try to edit in case of syntax error.

I learned it hard way, making syntax error and needing to setup all again. So, first backup, then play with it.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 11:05 AM   #13
bn_el
Enthusiast

And, as I've at last received the cover to the KA1, the problem is solved :-)

Thanks to those who helped, and I'll open a new request for help/data :-)