Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-03-2018, 05:57 PM   #91
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Any chance you can edit the plugin to allow the genres to stay with the comments? There is a choice to either delete them from comments or to add them to tags. I would like to either keep them with the comments or to add them to a genre column. There is no choice to leave them in the comments.

Last edited by Rellwood; 09-03-2018 at 06:00 PM.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 08:21 PM   #92
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellwood View Post
Any chance you can edit the plugin to allow the genres to stay with the comments? There is a choice to either delete them from comments or to add them to tags. I would like to either keep them with the comments or to add them to a genre column. There is no choice to leave them in the comments.
I had never noticed that. I can have a look. But, the genre on the page is a link to show other books on the site. I would be stripping the link out.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2018, 04:02 PM   #93
MegAnne
Enthusiast
MegAnne began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Fire HD 10
I don't seem to get any result and I tried around 200 books. Including books that had information previously obtained from Fantastic Fiction.
Just to be sure that I'm clear: the plugin finds 0 results.

Last edited by MegAnne; 09-09-2018 at 04:07 PM.
MegAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 09:39 PM   #94
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegAnne View Post
I don't seem to get any result and I tried around 200 books. Including books that had information previously obtained from Fantastic Fiction.
Just to be sure that I'm clear: the plugin finds 0 results.
Are you using the beta posted a month or so ago? The site changed and the released version stopped working. The beta should be working. I'll have to find time to release this properly.
Old 09-10-2018, 11:59 PM   #95
MegAnne
Enthusiast
MegAnne began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Fire HD 10
Oops, my bad, for some silly reason I kept trying the "official" version. My apologies. Tried the Beta, worked perfectly, thank you.
MegAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2018, 12:54 AM   #96
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Beta: Add option to keep genre in the comments and more site changes

Attached is another beta with two changes:
  • New option to keep the Genre in the comments. This was requested by @Rellwood.
  • A preview button has been added to the comments. This broke the Genre extraction.

As always, please test and report any problems or success.

Last edited by davidfor; 09-20-2020 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Removed beta as it has been released.
Old 11-11-2018, 12:43 AM   #97
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Update to version 1.3.0

Version 1.3.0 of the plugin has been released. The changes are:
  • New: Add option to keep Genre in the comments.
  • Fix: Site changed to add Preview button added in comments. Remove this.
  • Fix: New version of the API.
  • New: Add id_from_url for pasting URL and getting an identifier.

The last item is for a change I made to the metadata editor that has been released in calibre version 3.34. When you press the button next to the identifiers field, if there is a URL in the clipboard, then it will attempt to get an identifier from the URL. That function needs support from the metadata source plugins.
Old 10-05-2019, 01:31 PM   #98
Bryteyes
Bryteyes began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
series numbers

Anyone know why when you download metadata from series it only numbers the solid numbers no 0.5 or 2.5?
Bryteyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 03:45 AM   #99
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryteyes View Post
Anyone know why when you download metadata from series it only numbers the solid numbers no 0.5 or 2.5?
Can you give some examples? The plugin does convert the series index to an integer, but, I don't have any examples to check.
Old 10-06-2019, 09:30 AM   #100
Bryteyes
Bryteyes began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Can you give some examples? The plugin does convert the series index to an integer, but, I don't have any examples to check.
Psy-Changelings by Nalini Singh
0.5. A Whisper of Sin (2014)
1. Slave to Sensation (2006)
2. Visions of Heat (2007)
Bryteyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 09:19 AM   #101
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Update to version 1.4.0

The plugin has been updated to version 1.4.0. The changes are:
  • Update: Changes for Python 3 support in calibre.
  • Update: Handle series index with decimals. (My apologies to @Bryteyes for taking so long)

Calibre will announce the update. If there are any issues, please report them here.
Old 09-24-2020, 03:56 PM   #102
Clarke219
Clarke219 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Publication Date

It appears that all metadata downloaded from Fantastic Fiction shows a publication date of Jan i, regardless of the actual publication date which is shown on the website. Is there a reason for this?
Clarke219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 03:16 AM   #103
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarke219 View Post
It appears that all metadata downloaded from Fantastic Fiction shows a publication date of Jan i, regardless of the actual publication date which is shown on the website. Is there a reason for this?
As far as I can tell, that hasn't changed. The plugin uses an API to retrieve some of the details. That has the publishing year only. When that is set in calibre, it interprets it as January the 1st of that year.
Old 09-25-2020, 05:40 PM   #104
Clarke219
Clarke219 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Thank you for your reply. I was not suggesting that anything changed, I only just discovered this board and asked the question. I am not a programmer, and don't know what an API is. I just thought that if the correct date shows on the website it could be downloaded to Calibre.

Once again, thank you. The app is great.
Clarke219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 11:13 PM   #105
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarke219 View Post
Thank you for your reply. I was not suggesting that anything changed, I only just discovered this board and asked the question. I am not a programmer, and don't know what an API is. I just thought that if the correct date shows on the website it could be downloaded to Calibre.
Sorry, I took it as a report of a change of behaviour especially coming just after a release was made.

Looking at the code, I was wrong about where the year came from. It is from near the top of the page which only date that seems to always be there. There are dates in the affiliates section, but, they appear to be for the edition that is linked to. There are also dates in the editions section, but, which do you use. For example, https://www.fantasticfiction.com/b/d...gley/enemy.htm was published in 1977, but there is an edition that is supposedly from 1901.

I am already getting the publisher and ISBN from the first edition listed. I probably should use the published date from that. But, I might try looking for the oldest edition with the same year as the published year. That looks like it will work for recent books, but, a lot of older books, such as https://www.fantasticfiction.com/d/g...son/dorsai.htm, don't have the original editions. In that case, just the year is best.

I don't know when I'll do this. It usually happens when I'm bored or trying not to do something else.