Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

View Poll Results: do u think pocket pro is best??
no 2 14.29%
yes 11 78.57%
no its sony 300 0 0%
no its kindle 1 7.14%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-03-2010, 01:23 PM   #1
asdx
Enthusiast
asdx began at the beginning.

Device: astak pocket pro
how to upgrade ezreader pocket pro???

i recently got ezreader pocket pro ,
when i cheked the website of astak there were available two upgrades

-1. 5" EZ Reader Pocket PRO Astak 12/10/200
-2. 5" EZ Reader Pocket PRO Astak 09/10/2009

i downloaded these rar files , they had two bin files inside them,
but i dont know how to proceed further i extracted and copied these bin files to sd card but they do not show up on reader screen.

how the upgrade is to be done
please help

also i would like to say that this gadget is the best in terms of danger from accidental breakage, mine came with a leather cover fortified with some plastic or metal sheet. now i m sure to go a long way with it.
regards
asdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 02:56 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdx View Post
i recently got ezreader pocket pro ,
when i cheked the website of astak there were available two upgrades

-1. 5" EZ Reader Pocket PRO Astak 12/10/200
-2. 5" EZ Reader Pocket PRO Astak 09/10/2009

i downloaded these rar files , they had two bin files inside them,
but i dont know how to proceed further i extracted and copied these bin files to sd card but they do not show up on reader screen.

how the upgrade is to be done
please help

also i would like to say that this gadget is the best in terms of danger from accidental breakage, mine came with a leather cover fortified with some plastic or metal sheet. now i m sure to go a long way with it.
regards
You did not bother to watch Amy's Video which was good until she got to the Battery removal-reset section (IMHO garbbled procedure beyond hope).
Power OFF
Insert SD card with setup5.bin file in the root
Hold Page turn forward (top left)
Power on, release page turn when beeps sound.
Messages about update AVAILABLE should show if you did it correctly so far.
Press OK/Menu
Wait till done
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2010, 06:01 AM   #3
asdx
Enthusiast
asdx began at the beginning.

Device: astak pocket pro
thanks ducks
i wanna ask one more thing , which is what more good updates r available unofficially, and where to find them????
asdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 10:42 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdx View Post
thanks ducks
i wanna ask one more thing , which is what more good updates r available unofficially, and where to find them????
Google Bebook Mini (Have not tried that one)
and Lbook, the site is in Russian which is difficult for a English only person
Never did find an English Manual.

I really like their interface (Yes, it is English) look and feel a bit better than the Astak one (Bolder menus, status bar cleaner contrasts, library list shows info clearer). But key presses seem to get missed a lot .

Except for the longpress "file" menu, the functions are similar to Astak, just a different skin.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote