Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-08-2018, 05:39 AM   #1
Nicolac
Nicolac began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Search funtion returns?

Hi,

I use Calibre Portable to manage my books and every now and then I open it to add new titles to my ereader. I also usually apply updates as they appear when I open it to keep it up to date. I'm currently on release: 3.28 [20 Jul, 2018]

I noticed today that when I was doing a search as normal by putting the name in the search bar, it only highlights the matching records within the full database so I have to scroll through the whole database to find the results. It used to be that when you did a search, it would display only the matching records which was much more useful. Is that the way it is now or am I doing something wrong?

How can I get it back to displaying only the matching records to a search rather than just highlighting them. In a large database, its not practical to have to scroll through the database to find (and easily miss when scrolling!) highlighted matching records?

Thanks, Nicola
Nicolac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 05:42 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=257585
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2018, 05:44 AM   #3
Nicolac
Nicolac began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Thank you so much!! That did the trick and I had indeed installed the find duplicates plugin to tidy up the database
Nicolac is offline   Reply With Quote