Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-27-2016, 03:35 PM   #31
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Sure. Why not.

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 04:01 AM   #32
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
First, Let me thank you for the expanded and very helpful protect metadata tool.

I have a few questions about it, since Calibre keeps crashing during its setup, I haven't gotten this far yet.

1) Is there a way of totally protecting a bit of metadata once set? I really want to protect some parts of my metadata once added. Dates added, read, book source, etc. Since these shouldn't change once entered it would be really nice if I could just add it one time and then set the column to protected. Also, is there a way to lock in that metadata to survive a book merge, or transfer to new library

I am not sure if this is a part of the "Embed metadata" function
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2016, 06:33 AM   #33
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Rellwood:

Quote:
1) Is there a way of totally protecting a bit of metadata once set? I really want to protect some parts of my metadata once added. Dates added, read, book source, etc. Since these shouldn't change once entered it would be really nice if I could just add it one time and then set the column to protected. Also, is there a way to lock in that metadata to survive a book merge, or transfer to new library
For Standard Columns, it depends on the column.

If you were to create a Custom Column as a proxy for a Standard Column such as "modified date", then that proxy Custom Column would not be changed unless you changed it.

Book merges are more complex, and you control the settings for those in Calibre > Preferences. You should read the Calibre User Guide about this function, and also search the "Library Management" subforum about this.

Quote:
I am not sure if this is a part of the "Embed metadata" function
Embed Metadata is all about embedding the book's metadata into the physical book file itself. You can read the Calibre User Guide about this function, and search the "Library Management" subforum about this.

DaltonST
Old 05-28-2016, 10:01 AM   #34
DaltonST
Deviser

Enhancements to Protect/Unprotect Custom Columns Menu and Favourites

Version 1.0.40 -2016-05-28 Enhancements to Protect/Unprotect Custom Columns Menu and Favourites: Auto-apply and then Restart Calibre immediately; tweaks to the daemon.

See the attached example.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	js_protect_unprotect_custom_column_autoapply_then_restart_example.jpg
Views:	680
Size:	436.0 KB
ID:	148969  
Old 05-28-2016, 11:52 AM   #35
Rellwood
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Calibre keeps crashing

WTH?

I updated Calibre and some plug-ins and now it is crashing every thirty seconds or so. I haven't been able to do anything for hours now. I uninstalled a few plug-ins, but that hasn't really helped.

Another thing,

Also my libraries was reset. Still have all the rules, columns and calibrations for Plug-ins, but I still had to reassign libraries and the font was changed.

Regardless, Calibre has been crashing so hard that I can't use it.

It started when I updated to the newest version, and when I updated Job Spy.

Also, how can I find that little square that normally hangs to the right of the search bar that indicates all marked books be separate from non-marked books? The new library seems to have omitted this.
Advert
Old 05-28-2016, 12:02 PM   #36
Joanna
Groupie
Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

@DaltonST, thanks a lot for the implementation! Can't wait to test it.

One important thing though: it might be just a coincidence but I've updated the plugin and it seems that it makes Calibre crash. It crashed first right after I've updated the plugin and then would crash after every launch when I wanted to switch to another library. When I've removed it, everything seems fine.

(See this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...68#post3325868)

Importantly enough, I've also updated Calibre and some other plugins recently, so it may or may not be related to your latest update.
Sorry for complaining
Joanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 12:03 PM   #37
Joanna
Groupie
Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

Maybe something about the latest Job Spy version?

When I updated the plugin, Calibre crashed. It kept crashing until I've removed Job Spy, and now it seems fine.

However, I've also done some more updates recently so I can't be sure about the reason for this Calibre's behavior.
Joanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 12:06 PM   #38
Rellwood

Yeah, I removed Job Spy, and was bummed to have to do it. There are some really good features I was looking forward to using. I haven't had anymore problems since
Old 05-28-2016, 12:20 PM   #39
DaltonST
Deviser

Did you have the configuration set to automatically start the Increase Visible Dropdown Items in Edit Metadata when Calibre starts to "Yes"? If so, change it to "No".

DaltonST
Old 05-28-2016, 12:20 PM   #40
DaltonST
Deviser

Did you have the configuration set to automatically start the Increase Visible Dropdown Items in Edit Metadata when Calibre starts to "Yes"? If so, change it to "No".

DaltonST
Old 05-28-2016, 12:23 PM   #41
DaltonST
Deviser

What operating system are you using?

It works perfectly on my Windows 10 pc. It does not crash at all.

DaltonST
Old 05-28-2016, 12:24 PM   #42
DaltonST
Deviser

What operating system are you using?

It works perfectly on my Windows 10 pc. It does not crash at all.

DaltonST
Old 05-28-2016, 12:42 PM   #43
DaltonST
Deviser

New version Uploaded

New version that disables the "autorun increase visible items of dropdowns daemon at Calibre startup" option. Now, you must manually start and stop it via the JS+ menu.

DaltonST
Old 05-28-2016, 12:46 PM   #44
DaltonST
Deviser

New version Uploaded

New version that disables the "autorun increase visible items of dropdowns daemon at Calibre startup" option. Now, you must manually start and stop it via the JS+ menu.

Having said that, my Windows 10 pc never crashes, and of course I use the "autostart" option (or did until just now).

I really need to know what type of pc you are using (OS, RAM, SSD or hard-drive, what kind of anti-virus software and other major software you are running simultaneously with Calibre, etc.)

DaltonST
Old 05-28-2016, 12:53 PM   #45
Rellwood

Hi, Sorry I didn't come back until just now.

First, I am running a Windows 7 x64

Second, I did have that configuration set, so I will change it.

I have to say though, there seems to be a lot of good features, but there are some that I have no idea what they do.

The drop down edit metadata and the other drop down are kind of lost on me. All I know is that one of them keeps those drop down menus from collapsing easily (which was always a major pet-peeve when you have to navigate three different levels of a menu)

Also, thanks so much for the additions to the protect columns.

Tags
author aka, author pen name, colors, toolbag, toolbox, tools