Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-02-2018, 07:51 AM   #301
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
I have done that too, both on my laptop and my husband's computer.
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 08:05 AM   #302
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Using NotePad, open JobSpy.json in the plugins folder, and change the setting mentioned far above from False to True. Save. Run Calibre in Debug again. Go to Customizing to see if it is checked.
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 08:10 AM   #303
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

"GUI_TOOLS_ACTIVATE_TWEAK_SAVE_COVER_SEPARATELY_BY _LIBRARY": "True",

It's still not activated.
Old 08-02-2018, 08:16 AM   #304
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And Calibre was NOT running when you made the change? And you started Calibre immediately after the change?

Changes to the Tweaks require that Calibre be immediately restarted to take effect.
Old 08-02-2018, 08:20 AM   #305
DaltonST
Deviser

And your Tweaked Libraries say "False"? Any Library NOT in the tweak defaults to True. The ToolTips explain all of that.

job_spy_save_cover_separately = {'CalibreJobSpyTest3': 'False', 'CalibreJobSpyTest2': 'False', 'CalibreJobSpyTest1': 'True', 'CalibreJobSpyTest5': 'False', 'CalibreJobSpyTest4': 'False'}
Old 08-02-2018, 08:24 AM   #306
Tanjamuse
Wizard

After having uninstalled and installed everything I edited the json file and now it has the tweak activated.

I have no idea why it didn't in the try before, as I did it the same way.

Thank you so much for your patience and your work. I'm still not sure why it was such a problem to get it to work, but I'm very thankful that it does.
Old 08-02-2018, 08:25 AM   #307
DaltonST
Deviser

Also, your Debug Log does not show that you Quick Switched among any of your other Calibre Libraries. Switch to some that should be True, and some that should be False. Post the Log.
Old 08-02-2018, 08:30 AM   #308
DaltonST
Deviser

In fact, create a new empty Calibre Library with a very simple, one-word name, restart in Debug Mode, then switch to the empty Library. Switch to another Library that should be False. Exit Calibre and post the debug log.

Also, customize some other tools in JS and check if they are being activated too.
Old 08-02-2018, 08:34 AM   #309
DaltonST
Deviser

Job Spy > Utilities > "Back Up Job Spy Configuration File JobSpy.json"

Also, you should back up the entire Calibre configuration directory, including all of its subdirectories.
Old 08-02-2018, 09:01 AM   #310
Tanjamuse
Wizard

Was this what you wanted?
Attached Files
File Type: txt tmpa15yju.txt (5.7 KB, 156 views)
Old 08-23-2018, 12:03 AM   #311
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@DaltonST - is a Per Library Tweak for Preferences->Tweaks->Exclude fields when copy/pasting metadata: possible?

You can probably guess why I'm asking

Thanks BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 02:53 AM   #312
Tanjamuse
Wizard

When I add a book to an existing library it asks me about a bunch of duplicates only based on title.

Can it be tweak in an way that uses another column (or two) instead?

Thanks
Old 09-01-2018, 09:27 AM   #313
DaltonST
Deviser

2 Requests for new GUI Tools

Quote:
When I add a book to an existing library it asks me about a bunch of duplicates only based on title. Can it be tweak in an way that uses another column (or two) instead?

Quote:
Is a Per Library Tweak for Preferences->Tweaks->Exclude fields when copy/pasting metadata: possible?

[1] Not a tweak. Serious monkey-patching, if at all.

[2] Maybe. Maybe not. I have never looked at the copy metadata source.

I will look at both after I finish working on CalibreSpy for the time being.

DaltonST
Old 09-03-2018, 05:49 PM   #314
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Was wondering if you could fix the delete identifiers so that when it has been completed it can be closed?

As it is when I go to delete an identifier the application stays open and only offers to cancel or launch. It would be nice to have a "close" option.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 12:07 PM   #315
Tanjamuse
Wizard

I've added a lot of tweaks in the Plug-in Tweaks. But I can't make this work. The two fandom columns are columns build from other columns.

Code:
'_ AO3': '{#fandom_main} & {#fandom_secondary}/{author}/{title} ({#story_id})'
I've also tried the following ways of separating the fandoms:

Code:
'_ AO3': '{#fandom_main}, {#fandom_secondary}/{author}/{title} ({#story_id})'
Code:
'_ AO3': '{#fandom_main} + {#fandom_secondary}/{author}/{title} ({#story_id})'

Tags
author aka, author pen name, colors, toolbag, toolbox, tools