Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-04-2014, 08:14 AM   #1
MerlinMama
Evangelist
MerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Sage
Custom column virtual library

I was trying to create a virtual library based on my "Read" custom column. This column has a date, so I can't simply put 'true' or 'false'.

I tried {#read=" "}(without the brackets, don't worry), which gave me WITH a date in the column, so then I tried {not #read=" "}, which seemed to work fine, except I get 4 with a read date, and one without a read date which doesn't show up.

Any ideas, or should I abandon this?

Thanks!
MerlinMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 09:26 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
You need a date value (range)
I use:
Code:
>=01-01-2000
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 09:58 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
You can use true or false. Assuming your column's lookup name is #read (seems to be from your examples), then #read:true will find all books that have something in the column, and #read:false will find all books that have nothing in the column.

The { and } characters are used in templates, not in searches. EDIT: But perhaps you know this, given the "don't worry" comment.

Last edited by chaley; 11-04-2014 at 10:01 AM.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 12:09 PM   #4
MerlinMama
Evangelist
MerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
You can use true or false. Assuming your column's lookup name is #read (seems to be from your examples), then #read:true will find all books that have something in the column, and #read:false will find all books that have nothing in the column.

The { and } characters are used in templates, not in searches. EDIT: But perhaps you know this, given the "don't worry" comment.

I had tried the 'false', but put in the ' =" ' as well, because I thought it had to be in there. At least now I know I was on the right track, just putting too much in there.

Thanks so much, it's worked like a charm!

And yes, I did know about the { }, still good to point out just in case.
MerlinMama is offline   Reply With Quote