Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-13-2022, 03:24 AM   #1
Seliestel
Seliestel began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note 3
Onyx Boox Note 3 exposed to liquids not working

Hi,

I need some help with an Onyx Boox Note 3 that has become irresponsive due to exposure to liquid. I left it inside a backpack where some coffee was spilled. The back and front of the reader (inside its magnetic case) was slightly wet for a few days. I have dried everything up. But now the reader displays the Power off page and will not turn on. I have tried holding the power button for 10+ seconds but with no response.

Is there anything I can do, short of sending it to Onyx for repair? I have not been able to find any instructions for manually resetting it or opening it. I assume that it is the humidity that has blocked the device. But I wonder if anyone can recommend a fix, or at least a way to recover the device's memory.

Thank you very much!
Seliestel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 03:56 PM   #2
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
The few days is the bad part. Also, coffee is nasty stuff.
For me, I'd definitely investigate. Besides, Onyx might also say it's totalled.

This has a seam on the side, you can carefully work a guitar pick (or an old credit card) around the seam to open it up. A cotton swab and isopropyl alcohol is your friend if you see any coffee drips. If you're lucky it might only be the power switch that you destroyed.

Look carefully. Post photos if you see stuff.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert