Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-08-2022, 10:44 AM   #10486
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Audible AU -- Daily Deal -- exp 09 Sep @ 11:59 pm AEST (6:59 am PDT)
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2022, 12:45 PM   #10487
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Audible CA -- exp 30 Sep @ 11:59 pm PT -- membership NOT required

Anniversary Sale -- $5 deals -- over 1,000 titles -- new deals every 5 days
As a nonmember, I am seeing only full price or free with membership; no way to purchase at the sale price.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2022, 01:11 PM   #10488
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
As a nonmember, I am seeing only full price or free with membership; no way to purchase at the sale price.
I've found Amazon marketing of Audible titles to be extremely misleading.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=348842

I'd use stronger language if I was in the EU competition & consumer protection. Part of their Dark UI culture on premotion of Prime and Kindle Unlimited (Big 0.00 and tiny real price). But nothing is free on a subscription, it's "included".
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2022, 04:46 PM   #10489
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Interesting. I'm not a paying member either. Before I posted the offer, I took a book to the last step before actually purchasing it and it was going to sell it to me for $5. I tried it again just now and it was still $5. No idea what's going on.
Old 09-08-2022, 05:27 PM   #10490
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Interesting. I'm not a paying member either. Before I posted the offer, I took a book to the last step before actually purchasing it and it was going to sell it to me for $5. I tried it again just now and it was still $5. No idea what's going on.
I don't even have the option to buy at full price. The full price is shown, but all that's clickabe is the try-for-free box, which translates to buy a membership.

Do you have an account? Maybe that's the issue; maybe one needs to create an account to get the sale price? If I see anything I want in the next batch of titles, I'll try that.

Meanwhile, Audible U.S. has a two-for-one-credit sale going on.

Quote:
*Sale ends September 9, 2022 at 11:59 PM PT (US). Offer is available only for active Audible US Premium Plus members (gift memberships and Silver plans included). Only credit purchases are eligible for this sale. Offer is not available from within the Audible app. To redeem this offer, add two audiobooks to the cart from the selection provided. When you check out, you will be able to purchase both audiobooks for one credit - either by using a credit you have, or by purchasing one at the time of check out. Offer is not transferable and cannot be combined with any other offer. Audible reserves the right to cancel the offer at any time. If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
Advert
Old 09-08-2022, 05:47 PM   #10491
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
I don't even have the option to buy at full price. The full price is shown, but all that's clickabe is the try-for-free box, which translates to buy a membership.

Do you have an account? Maybe that's the issue; maybe one needs to create an account to get the sale price? If I see anything I want in the next batch of titles, I'll try that.
Yes, I have an account. I have 4 Audible accounts - US, UK, CA, AU. I didn't think you could buy any Audible titles without an account.

Sign up for an Audible CA account and you'll get a free 30-day trial with a free credit.

Quote:
Meanwhile, Audible U.S. has a two-for-one-credit sale going on.
Thanks for the heads up
Old 09-08-2022, 06:23 PM   #10492
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
I didn't think you could buy any Audible titles without an account.
I don't see how you possibly could. They are DRMed to an account and only accessable via an account library.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2022, 10:03 PM   #10493
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Yes, I have an account. I have 4 Audible accounts - US, UK, CA, AU. I didn't think you could buy any Audible titles without an account.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
I don't see how you possibly could. They are DRMed to an account and only accessable via an account library.
I know that. I certainly expected to be prompted to open an account--obviously I can't purchase anything without having an account and providing credit card information--but the site is not showing me a sale price and not letting me put anything into a cart. It is ONLY prompting me to sign up for a membership to get the selected book. How am I supposed to then infer that I DON'T need a membership to get a sale price (which I wouldn't even know about but for the direct link tubemonkey provided), only an account?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1.jpg
Views:	6242
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	196401
Old 09-09-2022, 10:08 AM   #10494
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 09 Sep @ 11:59 pm BST (3:59 pm PDT)
Old 09-09-2022, 03:27 PM   #10495
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Daily Deals -- exp 09 Sep @ 11:59 pm PT
Old 09-09-2022, 03:42 PM   #10496
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible AU -- Daily Deal -- exp 10 Sep @ 11:59 pm AEST (6:59 am PDT)
  • TBA -- Lisa -- Lisa Curry, et al -- NF memoir
Old 09-10-2022, 12:59 AM   #10497
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 10 Sep @ 11:59 pm BST (3:59 pm PDT)
Old 09-10-2022, 04:00 PM   #10498
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Daily Deals -- exp 10 Sep @ 11:59 pm PT
Old 09-10-2022, 04:03 PM   #10499
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible AU -- Daily Deal -- exp 11 Sep @ 11:59 pm AEST (6:59 am PDT)
Old 09-10-2022, 09:03 PM   #10500
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 11 Sep @ 11:59 pm BST (3:59 pm PDT)