Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-17-2019, 02:35 PM   #1
kksdragons
Bibliophile
kksdragons began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Glowlight, iPad
Question error code 100006? on export transfer to jump drive

I have successfully exported my main library to a folder on my desktop. When trying to copy it to a 256G jump drive, it blows up with an error code 100006. I'm on a iMac running Catalina. The Jump drive is formatted MS-DOS FAT32 with very little on it.

Why the error code? I looked it up and tried various fixes but it still stops moving the exported folder. Is it the format of the drive? Should I try to move files off the jump drive and reformat it to ExFAT? There are 18 parts of data exported; the only one successfully copied to the jump drive is part-0009.

Help?
kksdragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 04:02 PM   #2
skb
Evangelist
skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod G4, MacOS 10.12, Calibre, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
I've had this same error when moving files between drives. Some files copy over without a hitch and others...will not budge.

The jump drive might have issues. It's really hard to track down, sadly. With me, I think it was the files/directories themselves (it was always the same ones).

http://www.macfixguides.com/fix-erro...06-on-mac.html

Good luck!
skb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 08:44 AM   #3
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by kksdragons View Post
...256G jump drive,...formatted MS-DOS FAT32...
Unless you've partitioned the drive into many small volumes, this is a MAJOR NO-NO.

FAT32 volume size is a maximum of 32Gb. NEVER attempt to use FAT32 on any logical volume larger than 32Gb.

Reformat the drive as exFAT to maintain cross-platform support and to allow larger logical volumes. exFAT can easily handle 256Gb volumes.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 01:46 PM   #4
kksdragons
Bibliophile
kksdragons began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Glowlight, iPad
Just to follow up: I purchased another, faster, 128G jump drive which is doing great! It is FAT32 also so that wasn't the problem. I tried all the ideas on the link you provided skb and nothing helped. Thank you both for your input!

(dwig, I'm envious of where you live and watch the webcam from the Pier House. Hope to stay there someday!)
kksdragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 01:48 AM   #5
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwig View Post
Unless you've partitioned the drive into many small volumes, this is a MAJOR NO-NO.

FAT32 volume size is a maximum of 32Gb. NEVER attempt to use FAT32 on any logical volume larger than 32Gb.

Reformat the drive as exFAT to maintain cross-platform support and to allow larger logical volumes. exFAT can easily handle 256Gb volumes.
Minor nit. in theory, FAT32 will support up to a 8TB drive (arguably, a 16TB drive but FAT32, 64K clusters and Microsoft OS are not a good mix). The 32GB limit is an artificial limit set by Microsoft(*). At one point, I formatted and used an external 2TB USB drive formatted as FAT32. It worked but I kept trying to copy files over 4GB-1 to it so finally reverted it to exFAT.

* To quote from part of the Windows XP online documentation, "You cannot format a volume larger than 32 gigabytes (GB) in size using the FAT32 file system during the Windows XP installation process. Windows XP can mount and support FAT32 volumes larger than 32 GB (subject to the other limits)". Microsoft KB310525 (though it seems to have disappeared) covered much of this information.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 10:55 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Be aware, there were a number of FAKE (to report a larger than actual) sized SD/Jump drives. They were usually priced at a 'tempting lower price'
The started making errors when the filesystem started to place files in the spoofed area.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote