Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-19-2014, 10:24 PM   #1
michealespinola
michealespinola began at the beginning.

Device: none
Image scraping templates/defaults for cover scraping

Hi everyone,

Some publishing houses have established URL templates that can be followed for scraping accurate high-quality images for covers. For instance, O'Reilly follows a specific standard for their images by ISBN:

http://akamaicovers.oreilly.com/imag...101848/lrg.jpg

For O'Reilly, ISBN-13 should work for anything in their catalog. I have also found some by ISBN-10, when ISBN-13 was not applicable.

I didn't notice anything like this being done in Calibre's current scrapers, so I thought I would put this out into the open as an idea for future development.
michealespinola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 11:02 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Moderator Notice
Moved out of Development forum.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=122042
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert