Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-30-2013, 09:47 AM   #1
binone
binone is a rising star in the heavensbinone is a rising star in the heavensbinone is a rising star in the heavensbinone is a rising star in the heavensbinone is a rising star in the heavensbinone is a rising star in the heavensbinone is a rising star in the heavensbinone is a rising star in the heavensbinone is a rising star in the heavensbinone is a rising star in the heavensbinone is a rising star in the heavens

Device: kindle
Question Installed version is 0.9.6 but update found is 0.9.41

Hi folks,

I just started noticing in the last 2 or so months that the "Update Found" version is lower than what appears to be the installed version.

I see the following on the left bottom:

"Calibre version 0.9.6 created by Kovid Goyal"

Then on the right (as of today) I see:

"Update found 0.9.41"

Is this a bug? Should I take the update?

Thanks,

Binone
binone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:56 AM   #2
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by binone View Post
Hi folks,

I just started noticing in the last 2 or so months that the "Update Found" version is lower than what appears to be the installed version.

I see the following on the left bottom:

"Calibre version 0.9.6 created by Kovid Goyal"

Then on the right (as of today) I see:

"Update found 0.9.41"

Is this a bug? Should I take the update?

Thanks,

Binone
6 is smaller than 41 It's 41, not 4.1. So yes, I'd take the update.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2013, 10:34 AM   #3
binone
binone is a rising star in the heavensbinone is a rising star in the heavensbinone is a rising star in the heavensbinone is a rising star in the heavensbinone is a rising star in the heavensbinone is a rising star in the heavensbinone is a rising star in the heavensbinone is a rising star in the heavensbinone is a rising star in the heavensbinone is a rising star in the heavensbinone is a rising star in the heavens

Device: kindle
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post
6 is smaller than 41 It's 41, not 4.1. So yes, I'd take the update.

Doh! Yes, I was reading that 0.9.4.1. My apologies for that senile moment. Thanks for setting me straight.

Binone
binone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
versions