Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 12-16-2009, 08:29 AM   #46
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Hi awp,
Re: the Tweak-Epub utility - a suggestion.

I can see this being a very useful utility. However, I see it doesn't appear to allow the tweaking of the page-template.xpgt file. I have often needed to tweak this file if it sets such large left/right margins that too much of my Sony reader screen is wasted. Is there a reason this file has been excluded?
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:34 AM   #47
awp
Addict
awp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericshliao View Post
I have tried Atlantis, and I like very much. With Atlantis, I can convert my word files to epub. And I found something interesting: the epub files created by Atlantis, after unpacked, can be imported to Mobipocket Creator directly.
Any EPUB file generated by Atlantis Word Processor, is compliant with the EPUB specifications, and passes the EPUB validation check. The ".htm" files from the Atlantis EPUB packages are pure XHTMLs. Maybe this is why they are accepted by other readers, or can be converted to other formats with less efforts.

Last edited by awp; 12-16-2009 at 08:37 AM.
awp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2009, 08:46 AM   #48
awp
Addict
awp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Hi awp,

I can see this being a very useful utility. However, I see it doesn't appear to allow the tweaking of the page-template.xpgt file. I have often needed to tweak this file if it sets such large left/right margins that too much of my Sony reader screen is wasted. Is there a reason this file has been excluded?
The updated version of the tweak_epub utility allows to edit files of the following extensions:
  • css
  • htm
  • html
  • ncx
  • opf
  • xhtml
  • xml
  • xpgt

Please redownload the utility through the corresponding blog post:

Atlantis Word Processor Blog. Tweaking ePubs (4): Choosing a text editor

or by clicking the following direct link:

http://www.atlantiswordprocessor.com...tweak_epub.exe
Old 12-16-2009, 10:10 AM   #49
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awp View Post
The updated version of the tweak_epub utility allows to edit files of the following extensions:
  • css
  • htm
  • html
  • ncx
  • opf
  • xhtml
  • xml
  • xpgt

Please redownload the utility through the corresponding blog post:
I have re-downloaded but the .xpgt file still has the "Edit-File" button greyed-out. Files with extensions .ncx, .html, .xhtml, .css, .xml, .opf worked OK.
Is it relevant that none of the epubs I tried were created in Atlantis. Most were commercial ones with DRM removed.
Old 12-16-2009, 03:28 PM   #50
awp
Addict

Your epub creation tool is irrelevant.

I have just opened a sample EPUB file with the latest version of the tweak_epub utility. The "Edit File..." button is enabled for the "page-template.xpgt" file.

Are you sure that you run the updated version of the utility?

I have attached a ZIP file with the latest version of the utility to this message.
Attached Files
File Type: zip tweak_epub.zip (100.4 KB, 702 views)
Advert
Old 12-16-2009, 05:00 PM   #51
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

Hi awp, This new zipped download works fine thank you All's well with the world.

I don't know what's wrong with the download I did 7 hours ago from the 2nd link in post #48. I still have this older one - it has the "choose your own editor" feature but doesn't work with .xpgt.

However, whatever the problem was, I've just tried a download from the same link just now and it's fine, just like the version posted in #50.

Sorry for any inconvenience, and thank you for your help.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:37 PM   #52
awp
Addict

Usually the reason for the update not being available is due to caching by your ISP.
Old 12-19-2009, 10:11 PM   #53
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Hi awp,

I delete the page-template.xpgt file from the ePub, edit the margins in CSS, remove the line to load the page-template.xpgt file in all the HTMl/XML/XHTML files and remove the reference to the page-template.xpgt file in the OPF. It sounds like a lot more work then it really is. I use Notepad++ to handle editing the ePub. It handles multiple tabs and search/replace among all the open tabs.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 12:30 PM   #54
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

Thank you for this info, Jon.

I had noticed that some epubs don't have a page-template.xpgt file. What is it for? Why is CSS not enough on its own? Very confused.
Old 12-20-2009, 05:19 PM   #55
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Thank you for this info, Jon.

I had noticed that some epubs don't have a page-template.xpgt file. What is it for? Why is CSS not enough on its own? Very confused.
Read about XPGT in our wiki, also check ADE and ePUB.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 09:03 AM   #56
hieubg
hieubg began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone, PRS-700
This program is pretty good to make epub but what about embedded fonts, i used tried several methods but none was worked.
hieubg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 09:29 PM   #57
awp
Addict

Font embedding will be implemented in the upcoming version of Atlantis Word Processor 1.6.5. I will have more details in the next few days.
Old 12-26-2009, 12:11 PM   #58
awp
Addict

You can find full details on font embedding in EPUBs in Atlantis Word Processor by following this link:

http://atlantiswordprocessor.blogspot.com/2009/12/font-embedding-in-ebooks.html

Of course, your comments are welcome.
Old 12-26-2009, 01:14 PM   #59
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
Just tried the new beta version. The font embedding option does not work. In the created epub file, "style.css" does contain the correct font-family name, but the font file is not copied into the epub file.
This is the "style.css" generated by Atlantis:
Code:
body{margin-left:5%;margin-right:5%;margin-top:5%;margin-bottom:5%}
p{text-indent:0.61in;margin-left:0;line-height:24pt;margin-right:0;margin-top:0;margin-bottom:15pt;font-family:華康儷中宋(P);font-size:200%}
.p0{text-indent:0;margin-left:0;line-height:30pt;margin-top:15pt}
.p1{text-indent:0;margin-left:0.33in;line-height:1}
.p3{text-indent:0.61in;margin-left:0;line-height:1}
.t0{font-size:1.27em}
.t1{font-size:1.09em}
.t5{background:yellow}
.t6{font-size:1.09em}
The font-family name is Chinese glyphs.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 01:49 PM   #60
awp
Addict

Most probably the problem is that the file of that font has a Chinese name. Atlantis might be unable to retrieve such files from your system.

Could you please tell me its filename?

Tags
ebook, epub