Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-30-2015, 07:18 PM   #106
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E

Released 1.6.4, which should handle the latest batch of devices (KV, KT2).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 09:25 AM   #107
ameho
ameho can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueameho can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueameho can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueameho can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueameho can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueameho can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueameho can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueameho can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueameho can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueameho can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueameho can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Kindle PW2
Happy to see the OSX build. Since I have switch to OSX, it's hard to scratch from source on OSX.
Cheers!!!
ameho is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2015, 06:39 PM   #108
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@ameho: I have a homebrew tap set up for that, if you ever want to trivially roll your own binary .

(If you use homebrew, that is ;p).
Old 06-07-2015, 11:10 AM   #109
ameho
ameho can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueameho can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueameho can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueameho can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueameho can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueameho can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueameho can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueameho can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueameho can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueameho can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueameho can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Kindle PW2
@NiLuJe The tap helps a lot. I could easily get the kindletools installed and updated, tks a lot.
ameho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 08:35 PM   #110
verbatrium
verbatrium began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
@NiLuJe,

any chance you could give me a quick idea how to repack python and librarian sync binaries so i can install on a PW3 (JB KUAL and Back door all ok), at the moment the bin files are not recognised modules by MrPI for the PW3 and are destroyed.

really looking forward to getting my book back, but need librarian sync on it

thanks for your work, appreciated
verbatrium is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2015, 10:55 PM   #111
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Most things actually *need* to properly ID the device themselves, besides what the package itself says, so it'll take some time .
Old 08-02-2015, 09:20 PM   #112
verbatrium
verbatrium began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by verbatrium View Post
@NiLuJe,

any chance you could give me a quick idea how to repack python and librarian sync binaries so i can install on a PW3 (JB KUAL and Back door all ok), at the moment the bin files are not recognised modules by MrPI for the PW3 and are destroyed.

really looking forward to getting my book back, but need librarian sync on it

thanks for your work, appreciated
All Working on PW3
Please see here

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...0&postcount=85

verbatrium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 02:21 AM   #113
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Ok so a google search brought me to a post, which was about extracting files from Kindle firmware, the stated goal was to get the fonts. The replies indicated this thread, though they were tongue in cheek about if the OP of that thread would actually find what they were looking for.

I've extracted, and converted the firmware file, and I'm not seeing anything I can actually access. There's an .img file with, according to OS X, no recognized file system.

Is there something I'm missing or is the only way to use this tool for that purpose to have a Kindle you want to try and install a customized firmware to potentially with Bookerly?
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 06:29 AM   #114
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@MGlitch: You'll need a way to mount ext3 images, and then mount and or extract cramfs images to get at the fonts.

(i.e., That most likely means you'll want a Linux box for that).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 10-23-2015 at 06:32 AM.
Old 10-23-2015, 01:22 PM   #115
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Thanks for the info, installing Linux for a font seems a bit much, thankfully there are other ways.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 03:40 PM   #116
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
Thanks for the info, installing Linux for a font seems a bit much, thankfully there are other ways.
Sure there is, a Linux LiveCD.
I would suggest Koppix for the casual user.

Its very like your MacOSx - they are both *nix based.

The ext2/ext3/ext4 driver(s) for MacOS X are not the greatest.
And mounting/reading those cram-fs filesystem images would be even more evenings of fun.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 01:09 PM   #117
boriar
Evangelist
boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bq Avant XL, Kobo Aura H2O, Onyx Boox M96C Plus
@NiLuJe
How can I extract files from *.img firmware files?

Edit: Sorry! The answer is some post up.

Last edited by boriar; 10-25-2015 at 01:11 PM.
boriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 04:25 AM   #118
PSGrabber
PSGrabber began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
I've got "Illegal instruction: 4" when creating a package on OSX 10.10.5 with kindletool-v1.6.4-osx
Code:
macbook-pro:kindletool-v1.6.4-osx PSGrabber$ ./kindletool convert update_physkeyb_3.4.6-cs-sk_k3w_uninstall.bin 
Converting update package 'update_physkeyb_3.4.6-cs-sk_k3w_uninstall.bin' to 'update_physkeyb_3.4.6-cs-sk_k3w_uninstall_converted.tar.gz' (without sig, delete input).
Bundle         FC02 (OTA [ota])
Bundle Type    OTA V1
MD5 Hash       5c346ac6aafb068dc1617489a8c965dd
Minimum OTA    0
Target OTA     2147483647
Device         Kindle 3 Wifi
Optional       0
Padding Byte   19 (0x13)
macbook-pro:kindletool-v1.6.4-osx PSGrabber$ ./kindletool create ota -d k3w update_physkeyb_3.4.6-cs-sk_k3w_uninstall_converted.tar.gz update_physkeyb_3.4.6-cs-sk_k3w_uninstall_repack.bin
Illegal instruction: 4
PSGrabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 09:15 AM   #119
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@PSGrabber: That's... fun.

What kind of CPU are you running, and on which OS X version?

On the off-chance it was a weird XCode bug, try the latest snapshots?
Old 02-21-2016, 09:55 AM   #120
PSGrabber
PSGrabber began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
OSX 10.10.5
2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
PSGrabber is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindletool, update