Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 10-29-2011, 04:46 PM   #1
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Netflix?

Tried it, but then noticed it doesn't work on tablets - except iPads/iPhones? Will they be expanding to work on more platforms?
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 05:52 PM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokee View Post
Tried it, but then noticed it doesn't work on tablets - except iPads/iPhones? Will they be expanding to work on more platforms?
Netflix works on all Android devices (phones/tablets) running Android 2.2, 2.3, and 3.x in the US, Canada, and Latin America. What version Netflix are you trying?
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2011, 06:43 PM   #3
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Version? I just go to the website and sign in, and it tells me I don't have the right system requirements. So I figured I had to activate my device (kind of like what I had to do for my kid's Wii).

BUT...I just found a 5 minute video on Youtube on how to do this for Android devices, so something tells me I am missing something here.

Anyone able to easily watch Netflix on their Vox? If so, could you post some step by step instructions for me? THANKS!
Old 10-29-2011, 07:13 PM   #4
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokee View Post
Version? I just go to the website and sign in, and it tells me I don't have the right system requirements. So I figured I had to activate my device (kind of like what I had to do for my kid's Wii).

BUT...I just found a 5 minute video on Youtube on how to do this for Android devices, so something tells me I am missing something here.

Anyone able to easily watch Netflix on their Vox? If so, could you post some step by step instructions for me? THANKS!
You have to install the Netflix app. There's no instructions needed. Is it available on GetJar?
Old 10-29-2011, 07:22 PM   #5
borisb
Addict
borisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it is

Device: enTourage eDGe, Pocket eDGe, Kobo Vox, Kobo Touch, Asus Eee Note
GetJar does have the Netflix app by Netflix if you check www.getjar.com from a PC. But if you search for it in the Get Apps app on the Kobo Vox, the search results come up empty.
borisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2011, 07:27 PM   #6
borisb
Addict
borisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it is

Device: enTourage eDGe, Pocket eDGe, Kobo Vox, Kobo Touch, Asus Eee Note
www.apktop.com has a version 1.5.1 of the app, and it installs. I don't have an account yet, so not sure if it will actually play the videos.
borisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 07:29 PM   #7
SCION
Séduisant

deleted
Old 10-29-2011, 07:31 PM   #8
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
www.apktop.com has a version 1.5.1 of the app, and it installs. I don't have an account yet, so not sure if it will actually play the videos.
That's the latest version. Should work fine.
Old 10-29-2011, 10:04 PM   #9
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
The Vox has flash right? If it doesn't you can't download Netflix.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 12:53 AM   #10
pokee
Fanatic

Well...i installed the app and logged into my account fine but none of the videos will play...could it be a flash issue?
Old 10-30-2011, 01:13 AM   #11
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Yes, it does flash. But try loading the Opera Mobile Browser (11.5.1) for seamless flash in existing websites.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 01:32 AM   #12
pokee
Fanatic

Tried opera...doesnt solve netflix or youtube video problems. Opera has some glitches too...freezing keyboard! Not happy!
Old 10-30-2011, 09:36 AM   #13
SCION
Séduisant

What version of Flash are you using? The latest version is Flash 11.
Old 10-30-2011, 11:48 AM   #14
NotchJ
NotchJ began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Same problem here... it won't play the actual movies and just force quits instead. I'll look into the flash thing....
NotchJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 04:29 PM   #15
pokee
Fanatic

I spoke with Darrell at Kobo today and they are aware that Netflix is not working with the Vox right now, and they are working to find a solution for this (so I get the sense that this was supposed to work, or was expected to be supported). I am hoping to find out more info about this in the upcoming days...!