Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-10-2013, 07:30 AM   #16
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I suspect the fix will be to do a factory reset. This won't change the size of the partition but it will rebuild it. But, you can try something:

If just the configuration is being lost, the "Kobo eReader.conf" isn't being saved each time. Do a checkdisk to make sure the files system is OK.

Or, if it is asking you to login each time, then the database is corrupt. After logging in, do a log out. That will force a new database to be created.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:58 AM   #17
Shai-Hulud
Silicon Book Worm
Shai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud of

Device: Kobo Touch
If you used linux to run gparted, then run fsck on the card. I'd also check your file permissions, especially write access to the .conf.
Shai-Hulud is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2013, 01:09 PM   #18
henriquemaia
Ignorant of many things
henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Thanks both of you for your replies. I'll check the filesystem (I always forget that obvious route).
henriquemaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 02:27 PM   #19
jfcool
jfcool began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo N613
I would like to open the kobo to save an image file of microsd card but I don't know how to do it ? ... is there a way to do it ? ... Do you know if i can find a link with a video or pictures ? ...

Thanks a lot !
jfcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 06:05 PM   #20
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfcool View Post
I would like to open the kobo to save an image file of microsd card but I don't know how to do it ? ... is there a way to do it ? ... Do you know if i can find a link with a video or pictures ? ...

Thanks a lot !
Check the Memory Mod thread in the Kobo Developer's Corner ( https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=209122 ). No videos that I remember but a fairly decent guide with pictures.

Have fun!

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2013, 02:55 PM   #21
jfcool
jfcool began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo N613
Thank you very much !!!

Best Regards,
Jean-François