Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 03-14-2010, 02:59 PM   #1
tom12345
tom12345 began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Cybook Gen3
Gen3: Can't upgrade firmware

Hi all, i'm new to this forum and ebook readers.
I've got a Gen3 with firmware versione 1.4
I would like to upgrade to 2.0, but i'm unable to do that.

I've extracted the zip archive to my SD (2gb), gen3 will detect the SD card (i'm able to read books inside of it) but if i'll power up the device with enter key pressed, the screen will never blink.

Any idea?

Sorry for my bad english, i'm Italian.
tom12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 03:21 PM   #2
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Ah, that's why the "versione".

One thing some found it helped : put gen3 on a table, or other flat thing. Make sure you touch only the enter key, and for a long time enough.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2010, 03:26 PM   #3
tom12345

"versione" is the Italian term for "version".
I've tried with gen3 on a table, with no success.
Firmware upgrade doesn't start.
Old 03-14-2010, 03:40 PM   #4
tom12345

I've noticied that if i'll power up the device with SD inside of it, the SD is not recognized.
I have to remove and insert with device already powered on.
Old 03-14-2010, 04:21 PM   #5
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom12345 View Post
I've noticied that if i'll power up the device with SD inside of it, the SD is not recognized.
I have to remove and insert with device already powered on.
Weird for sure. If the Cybook don't detect the sd at start, it won't do anyting update no mater what you say.
Have you an other sd to try ?
Advert
Old 03-14-2010, 06:45 PM   #6
tom12345

No i haven't.
I'll try with another tomorrow.
But SD is working fine, after boot i can use it with no problem.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:17 AM   #7
EowynCarter
Wizard

Quote:
No i haven't.
The cybook should see the card at start-up. Someting is wrong with either cybook or sd card.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:03 AM   #8
melaulur
Honorary Expert
melaulur is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.melaulur is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.melaulur is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.melaulur is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.melaulur is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.melaulur is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.melaulur is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.melaulur is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.melaulur is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.melaulur is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.melaulur is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.

Device: Galaxy A7
Opus:upgrading firmware

Quote:
No i haven't.
I got my new opus reader yesterday with firmware version 1.9. When I tried to upgrade to version 2.0 the same problem occurred: while starting up the device the sd card was not recognized and the screen didn't start to blink but booted normally. Only when I removed and reinserted the sd after booting, it was recognized.

I switched the reader on and off many times trying to get the upgrade working. Then, booting up once again, the sd card was suddenly recognized and the updating of the firmware was over in a minute.
melaulur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 07:36 AM   #9
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
There was some SD card issue on older version of the firmware
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 09:50 PM   #10
tcmoon
Connoisseur
tcmoon is on a distinguished road

Device: slate pc
I had to do a full format on my SD card, quick format didnt work.
tcmoon is offline   Reply With Quote