Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-30-2008, 07:25 PM   #151
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
I've now uploaded 1500 books.
1500 !! holy cow !! you really *are* the ebook goddess.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 07:43 PM   #152
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
1500 !! holy cow !! you really *are* the ebook goddess.
I have images of Patricia - standing in an ancient town-square in front of a whole lot of deeply-hurt publishers who don't like this now freely-available "public domain" stuff that they've been making money on for years in paper form - shouting...

THIS IS SPARTA!

and kicking their arses down the well before taking her 1500 uploads to the ravening hoards of conquered minds.

What? It was "300"? I don't care; I still think Patricia would look good in Spartan armour and a warrior-attitude.

(Gods, I hated that movie...except for the "THIS IS SPARTA!" bit)

Cheers,
Marc (If life was a graphic novel, I'd be an empty thought-bubble)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2008, 07:52 PM   #153
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Thank you Marc.
Didn't everyone die at Thermopylae? I wouldn't like that.
I'd rather stay peaceful and make some more books.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 08:30 PM   #154
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Thank you Marc.
Didn't everyone die at Thermopylae? I wouldn't like that.
In one of my worlds, The 1500 showed the hoards the magnificence of the written word and everyone went home eating doughnuts and reaching toward further enlightenment. The Spartans became the world's first organised army of librarians, lead by Chief Librarian Patricia. It's a sparkly place in this world of mine, with a universal standard for ebooks, reasonable copyright-expiry, and lots of icecream.

Of course, the inside of my head is a vast emptiness, and "there are other worlds". In one, yes, you die a gallant but pointless death, but in another you're Queen of the Court of Pièce Montée, dedicated to knowledge, peace and pastry, and thus Icon for and Leader of the greatest Human Civilization ever to grace the Multiverse.

Quote:
I'd rather stay peaceful and make some more books.
Yes, that world's good too. That's this one, yeah?

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 12:01 PM   #155
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Wow, great job. I see that genre is now on a few of them.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2008, 12:18 PM   #156
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
So using everyday mathematics, that basically works out to:
Code:
Uploaded books:	1500	64% of Total Posts are ebooks!
Total Posts:	2340	36% of Total Posts are responses.
Posts per day:	6.61	
# days since joined:	354	(Total posts ÷ Posts per day)
Uploads per day:	4.24	(1500 ÷ 354)
Fantasic acheivement! You are posting just over an average of 4 ebooks per day!!! 365 days per year! (oh 354 days; not quite a year yet)

Last edited by nrapallo; 05-01-2008 at 12:27 PM.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 01:41 PM   #157
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you everyone. I'm blushing.

The world of knowledge, peace and pastry sounds good to me.
Old 05-01-2008, 01:43 PM   #158
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Thank you everyone. I'm blushing.

The world of knowledge, peace and pastry sounds good to me.
I'm truly in awe. How do you read and edit 4 books a day?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 01:47 PM   #159
Patricia
Reader

I don't. It's usually just one or two books, but they are available in three formats.
Old 05-01-2008, 02:43 PM   #160
nrapallo
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I don't. It's usually just one or two books, but they are available in three formats.
Let's see, that phrase translates to [ ½ ( 1 book × 3 formats ) + ½ ( 2 books × 3 formats ) ] = 4.5 books per day! Great explanation!

Last edited by nrapallo; 05-01-2008 at 03:18 PM.
Old 05-01-2008, 03:43 PM   #161
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
Let's see, that phrase translates to [ ½ ( 1 book × 3 formats ) + ½ ( 2 books × 3 formats ) ] = 4.5 books per day! Great explanation!
I think she is saying that she uploads each book in three formats. So, 1500 / 3 is 500 actually books. So, rather than 4.5 a day it is 4.5 / 3 or 1.5 books a day. Still hell of impressive.

BOb
Old 05-01-2008, 04:37 PM   #162
nrapallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I think she is saying that she uploads each book in three formats. So, 1500 / 3 is 500 actually books. So, rather than 4.5 a day it is 4.5 / 3 or 1.5 books a day. Still hell of impressive.

BOb
Sorry, I meant 4.5 uploads per day, which matched her production to date. Yes, different books uploaded would be 1.5 or halfway between one or two! See her explanation is bang on!
Old 05-01-2008, 04:56 PM   #163
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
Sorry, I meant 4.5 uploads per day, which matched her production to date. Yes, different books uploaded would be 1.5 or halfway between one or two! See her explanation is bang on!
I suspect the number of unique books is higher than that as when we started to upload books it was only in the Sony LRF format. Later we added the Mobipocket and still later (at DaleDe's suggestion) we added IMP books. While many of the books (all recent ones from Patricia and me for example) are available in all three formats (and some in 4 formats thanks to Nick), a lot of the early ones are still available in only one or two formats.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 05:03 PM   #164
nrapallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
(and some in 4 formats thanks to Nick)
REB 1200 (in a class of its own) I like it!

Thanks, RWood!
Old 05-02-2008, 12:50 AM   #165
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

I just turned the big:

Yes 500 Posts!