Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 10-09-2008, 05:53 PM   #1
chengster
chengster began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
SONY PRS-505 MINT W/Receipt + 8GB SDHC Card + Suprise!

I was going to do the Craigslist/eBay thing but when researching the current cost of it I ended up here. I have for sale a 99% condition Sony Reader PRS-505. What I mean by 99% is that it is not in a sealed box, it has been removed and charged ONCE and to load the following books onto. Otherwise it is in PERFECT condition, no scratches or blemishes of any kind.

From the Sony Connect store, DRM BBeB

Click - Bill Tancer ($10)
Freakonimics - Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner ($10)
Change your Brain, Change your Life - Daniel G. Amen ($10)
Personal Days - Ed Park ($10)

Per Pilotbob, your mileage may vary with these books. I will leave them on if you wan't to read them before you register, or you may not use the sony connect store at all.

Along with my collection of Manga, Manga2Ebook + PDFrastafarian

Ruroni Kenshin - Nobuhiro Watsuki (Entire Series, 4000+ pgs)
Korashiy Ichi - Hideo Yamaoto (Entire Series, 1000+ pgs)
Battle Royale - Koushin Takami (Entire Series, 2000+ pgs)

I will de-authorize the device so you can register it in your name, but I will leave the DRM's Sony Connect books on for your to enjoy. If you use Calibre you can upload anything you want without losing the books.

This has also been updated to the latest firmware which supports SDHC cards. So I will be including a PQI 8GB SDHC Card ($35) (At 2MB Avg per book, thats about 4000 Books give or take)

Also as a one of a kind offer, A friend of mine made a custom HOLLOW BOOK, out of a thin Journal that perfectly fits the PRS-505. It is felt lined for protection and is barely thicker than the actual device itself adding only minimal heft. This is a one of a kind item included with this.

All the accesories with the exception of the USB Cable (which I had to use to upload the Sony BBeB books is still in unwrapped new condition)

I am fully Paypal verified with a POSITIVE feedback rating, and such I will only accept Paypal from buyers with the same. I also accept bank transfers through Bank of America if you have an account.

South New Jersey residents, especially those near the Jersey Shore (Atlantic City) are are welcome to check this item out before you buy.

I am sorry but if you are an international buyer I only accept wire transfers or money orders, or after your Paypal funds have cleared and I have withdrawn it. This is for my safety. And of course my phone number and contact information will be available for any serious buyer.

Selling price is $250 OBO
with the buyer in charge of shipping fee's (Buyer's Choice). I will be throwing this up on Craigslist and the Ad space at my local Border's this week if I get no offers. Thanks for looking.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image037.jpg
Views:	447
Size:	729.6 KB
ID:	16918   Click image for larger version

Name:	Image039.jpg
Views:	428
Size:	617.4 KB
ID:	16919   Click image for larger version

Name:	Image040.jpg
Views:	395
Size:	637.6 KB
ID:	16920   Click image for larger version

Name:	Image041.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	595.1 KB
ID:	16921   Click image for larger version

Name:	Image043.jpg
Views:	402
Size:	529.9 KB
ID:	16922   Click image for larger version

Name:	Image044.jpg
Views:	433
Size:	641.6 KB
ID:	16923   Click image for larger version

Name:	Image046.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	808.3 KB
ID:	16924   Click image for larger version

Name:	Image047.jpg
Views:	397
Size:	642.9 KB
ID:	16925   Click image for larger version

Name:	Image048.jpg
Views:	407
Size:	764.8 KB
ID:	16926   Click image for larger version

Name:	Image049.jpg
Views:	432
Size:	822.6 KB
ID:	16927  

Last edited by chengster; 10-13-2008 at 01:02 PM. Reason: to appease "pilotbob"
chengster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 06:21 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by chengster View Post
I will de-authorize the device so you can register it in your name, but I will leave the DRM's Sony Connect books on for your to enjoy. If you use Calibre you can upload anything you want without losing the books.
I don't think that's true. You should deregister it and see what happens.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2008, 04:04 PM   #3
chengster

Is this too expensive? What is the price these things usually sell for?
Old 10-10-2008, 04:58 PM   #4
Ivoch
Enthusiast
Ivoch began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
I've seen some on ebay go for as low as $200, so with shipping to Germany most I'd be willing to pay would be 220 or so. Many others have gone for a lot more than 200 though (even up to 280), so I don't really know what the people here on mobileread would be willing to pay.
Ivoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 05:01 PM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Is this too expensive? What is the price these things usually sell for?
I can get a new 505 for $267. http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=8216490

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2008, 06:44 PM   #6
chengster

OK, $250 gets it then.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:10 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
If you deauthorize your 505, the DRM eBooks you leave on it will be useless. When the new owner registers it to his/her account, it will be deauthorized from your account. At that point will the DRMed eBooks no longer work.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 07:42 PM   #8
chengster

"Per Pilotbob, your mileage may vary with these books. I will leave them on if you wan't to read them before you register, or you may not use the sony connect store at all."
Old 10-12-2008, 07:29 PM   #9
chengster

Wow...ok so I guess no one wants it, find it on Ebay if anyone is interested, thanks for looking!
Old 10-12-2008, 08:07 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Can you post the ebay link?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 09:26 PM   #11
chengster

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=300265917206
Old 10-13-2008, 01:01 PM   #12
chengster