Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-12-2016, 01:52 PM   #1
Bobomo
Bobomo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
Can't Find Calibre News Files in Kindle Library

Hello - I have been using Calibre to download and convert news to read on my Kindle PW3. This has worked reasonably well when using a single feed. Last night, I added several news sources to load up for some marathon (light) reading and what I've discovered is that I can't actually find the publications through the Kindle interface.

Up to 3 of the downloaded news files appear on the left hand side of the home screen (Recent Items?), and selecting them brings up the POBI file with no problem. But I can't figure out where the remainder are located. I have confirmed the files are in the device memory, but going to "My Library" does not show them, and the "Publications" option in the library drop-down menu is greyed out and inaccessible, and they are not in "Docs" either.

Bobomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 10:56 PM   #2
Bobomo

Turns out it's not just news files - anything I add from Calibre goes into the Kindle file system, appears in the 3 "Most Recent" window on the home screen, but is completely inaccessible from any other portion of the interface.

I'm stumped. I've read about indexing issues with corrupted files, but even sending over a single free e-book, such as Dickens A Tale of Two Cities downloaded from Project Gutenburg, doesn't appear in the Kindle Library.
Advert
Old 05-20-2016, 01:09 PM   #3
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobomo View Post
Turns out it's not just news files - anything I add from Calibre goes into the Kindle file system, appears in the 3 "Most Recent" window on the home screen, but is completely inaccessible from any other portion of the interface.

I'm stumped. I've read about indexing issues with corrupted files, but even sending over a single free e-book, such as Dickens A Tale of Two Cities downloaded from Project Gutenburg, doesn't appear in the Kindle Library.
Make sure that the Kindle is set to show "Downloaded" and "All Items" in the choices across the top.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 12:04 AM   #4
Bobomo

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
Make sure that the Kindle is set to show "Downloaded" and "All Items" in the choices across the top.

Shari
Aha!