Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-08-2008, 09:12 PM   #241
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
A barcode poem

Shimmering silver
Summer rain slides down the glass.
Now it is gone.
Lovely. Unfortunately the system won't let me give you any more karma right now. Perhaps there's a deep philosophical meaning to that....
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 09:58 PM   #242
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
Lovely. Unfortunately the system won't let me give you any more karma right now. Perhaps there's a deep philosophical meaning to that....
Patricia could write a whole sequence, and call them "Item Not Found".

I'll karma her for you, Neko (well, actually, I'm doing it for myself, but I'll merge the thought ).

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2008, 07:16 AM   #243
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Patricia could write a whole sequence, and call them "Item Not Found".

I'll karma her for you, Neko (well, actually, I'm doing it for myself, but I'll merge the thought ).

Cheers,
Marc
add my thought to that as well. i gave her karma for something else too recently and was a bit frustrated not to be able to for this. that often happens. perhaps i should just make a habit of giving patricia karma once a day on the first post i see, as a sort of blanket coverage.

patricia, i would love to read the series "item not found". you could make it into an ebook.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 05:08 AM   #244
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
A barcode poem

Shimmering silver
Summer rain slides down the glass.
Now it is gone.
Empyreal; but I'm not allowed to reward such exquisite imagery ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 07:25 PM   #245
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
Quote:
Would whoever is playing with the Montsnmags Advanced Reality Controller, and pointing it in my direction please stop. It is messing with my head more than usual.
oh good, that tuneup did the trick then. marc will be pleased.
Marc, please stop tinkering with the settings.

Family are now buying books full of pictures of cute pandas, and the guy in front of me at one of the Book Festival Events asked about the use of images to mis-lead people include in his list the use of "photos of cute pandas".

LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2008, 07:34 PM   #246
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post
Marc, please stop tinkering with the settings.
No. (What are settings for, if not to tinker with? You should see all the buttons, lights, switches and dials on this thing!)

Quote:
Family are now buying books full of pictures of cute pandas, and the guy in front of me at one of the Book Festival Events asked about the use of images to mis-lead people include in his list the use of "photos of cute pandas".

mwahASNORTcoughheegeegIggLethpphhhttee-ee-eeHA!!! (sorry, evil laugh not quite developed yet).

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 03:15 PM   #247
tirsales
MIA ... but returning som
tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505 and *Really* not owning a PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
mwahASNORTcoughheegeegIggLethpphhhttee-ee-eeHA!!!
I would give you some cough sweets, but actually the llamas stole them. They told me that some evil "similar to a rat doing base-jumping without parachute" things forced them to, but I dont believe llamas or lemmas.
tirsales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 04:22 PM   #248
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
You would think that one of the monitors could fix that for you.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 08:54 AM   #249
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tirsales View Post
I would give you some cough sweets, but actually the llamas stole them. They told me that some evil "similar to a rat doing base-jumping without parachute" things forced them to, but I dont believe llamas or lemmas.
Lemmas are meant to be questioned. Llamas can be questioned, but they tend to spit in reply.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 08:58 AM   #250
tirsales
tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Llamas can be questioned, but they tend to spit in reply.
Would you trust somebody who is spitting at you?
You ask them some simple questions like e.g. the rotational speed of the moon in relation to Jupiter or the question to 42 or stuff like that and they spit in response.
Perhaps I should learn the spitting language?
Old 08-22-2008, 09:00 AM   #251
Mindy
Away with the Faeries
Mindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS 650
Depends. Does it have anything to do with maths?
How do we feel about lemurs? Or has that been covered already?
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 09:02 AM   #252
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy View Post
Depends. Does it have anything to do with maths?
How do we feel about lemurs? Or has that been covered already?
I think that was the BASE jumping rats reference, although we haven't tried tossing psockpuppet off a cliff, yet. Not that I haven't thought of it...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 09:02 AM   #253
tirsales

Lemurs are fine. They can dance!
Old 08-22-2008, 09:03 AM   #254
tirsales

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
I think that was the BASE jumping rats reference, although we haven't tried tossing psockpuppet off a cliff, yet. Not that I haven't thought of it...
Hmm ... I should get some lemurs to do base jumping and see wether they use a parachute. This needs to be seriously researched!
Old 08-22-2008, 09:51 AM   #255
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Rule #1 in safe logic: Never ask a llama to "just spit it out" when questioning them.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
unutterable silliness