Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: What do we call this guy?
Taylor514ce 1 2.94%
@55h013 0 0%
Taylor 3 8.82%
PlanetHead 1 2.94%
Death Plane 0 0%
Leaden Path 1 2.94%
Dental Heap 0 0%
Marvin 8 23.53%
WD-40 5 14.71%
T 1 2.94%
Gimboo 0 0%
42 2 5.88%
Karma Whore (or KH) 2 5.88%
Mozzler of Emotifaction (Moe!) 4 11.76%
The blue one, next to the fish. 6 17.65%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-02-2008, 05:49 PM   #1
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
A rose by any other name. [Unutterable Silliness]

Marc implied there might be some difficulty with knowing just what to call me. Since my vanity knows no bounds, I offer yet another poll, of possible casual monikers pour moi.

Last edited by Taylor514ce; 05-02-2008 at 08:26 PM. Reason: “Force shites upon Reason's Back.”
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 05:53 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
is this your way of telling me you don't like "poussin" ? because we could switch, if you prefer "mon canard".
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2008, 05:58 PM   #3
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You, my dear, are of course exempt from needing to make a choice. I love duck, especially Peking Duck, with that crispy skin.
Old 05-02-2008, 06:02 PM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
that's a relief, because i was having a hard time narrowing it down.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 06:11 PM   #5
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Whew -- that's a relief. My extremely limited French *WAS* correct about what she is calling you. How about if I just call you (not late) for dinner?

P.S. More of your poetry, please!!! I love your way with words. Plus the avatar, of course. Just don't tell my hubby and I won't tell your family.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2008, 06:16 PM   #6
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.

[Note to self in re: upcoming trip. Try to route through DFW or STL rather than ORD. Possible complications.]
Old 05-02-2008, 06:28 PM   #7
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
is this your way of telling me you don't like "poussin" ?
Fish, I like that.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 06:38 PM   #8
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.

Umm...

poussin = chick
poisson = fish
poison = poison
canard = The Quack-tain of the Starship Enterprise, Jean-Luc Canard.

Last edited by Taylor514ce; 05-02-2008 at 08:28 PM. Reason: “The supreme function of reason is to show man that some things are beyond reason”
Old 05-02-2008, 06:50 PM   #9
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Le plume de mi tante es on le bureau de mi noncle ....

That's as far as I go. And I get half of that is wrong, having been trans-moglified into half Spanish. It's better when I sing it.....
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 07:27 PM   #10
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
poison = poison
Yeah, that's the ticket (routed via ATL)
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 08:21 PM   #11
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
I still like Fish. Or maybe Fish Face. You should add it to the poll, your Greatness.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 08:43 PM   #12
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
So, anyway, Adrian, I am afraid that I have a dilemma. You see, I want to call you "Adrian", but then I will just get you confused with my invisible friend, my bestest-friend-for-ever-and-ever, "Adrian" The Inadvertently Violent Gibbon.

What to do, what to do...

I could call you "Adrian Two", in a vague pop reference to a giant, flesh-eating, singing, carnivorous plant (Zelda, this may help with an off-forum reference ) but, somehow, the moniker doesn't suit something so unvegetative (in physiology and mentality anyway).

I suspect that 'WD-40' may be an appropriate secondary choice, being as WD-40 is to you what a Zany Carter is to me (A rose by any other name will smell like WD-40; like victory!), but, please, forgive me if occasionally I stare into those LED eyes of ennui of yours and mumble "Adrian...the other one, not the gibbon" before my head hits the table, knocking my long, glass of Zany Carter all over your pristine shell.

WD-40 it is then, Adrian...the other one, not the gibbon. [THUMP!]

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 08:48 PM   #13
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.

What's the problem, Marc? "Adrian" is a perfectly valid choice. It's on the poll, after all, appropriately invisible. I even made it the top choice, in the zeroth position.

Last edited by Taylor514ce; 05-02-2008 at 08:51 PM. Reason: “The reason I beat the Austrians is, they did not known the value of five minutes”
Old 05-02-2008, 08:53 PM   #14
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Maybe 42, the legitimate successor to W40. Of course I'm still waiting for X51.
That evil rodent will slip off the tree and leave my house alone.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 09:00 PM   #15
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
What's the problem, Marc? "Adrian" is a perfectly valid choice. It's on the poll, after all, appropriately invisible. I even made it the top choice, in the zeroth position.
I'm very cautious of invisible things, being that all of the invisible things I know are Inadvertently Violent. I use to look for invisible things but that wasn't very successful, so I made a point of not looking for invisible things to see if I could see them.

Apparently that doesn't work either.

So, if I could ask that you please subtract one item from 'WD-40' and add zero choices to "Adrian".

You better do it to, robot! Sure, "Adrian" might hurt me Inadvertently, but it's for the greater good of humanity and you must obey the Laws...

Un robot ne doit faire aucun tort à un homme, à moins qu'il trouve un moyen de prouver qu'en fin de compte le tort qu'il aura causé profite à l'humanité en général!

Cheers,
Marc (Am I breaking the Fifth Law?)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clouds of enlightenment, unutterable silliness