Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-27-2013, 04:34 AM   #16
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kt
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianinmaine View Post
Is this a huge file? I'd like to try it, but where I am it is not allowed to download from dropbox. Can you post a copy here, please?
Why is that? I didn't know about such restrictions.
I moved the file to my server. Please try again.
baf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 04:45 AM   #17
brianinmaine
Evangelist
brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Touch (5.3.7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by baf View Post
Why is that? I didn't know about such restrictions.
I moved the file to my server. Please try again.
At work, I have restrictions not at home. I should have just asked for a temporary mirror. THANK YOU!

edit: downloaded and tried a game - works fine for me. Maybe I'll even let the kids play?

Last edited by brianinmaine; 09-27-2013 at 05:25 AM.
brianinmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2013, 05:32 AM   #18
Aeris
Developer's Corner Mascot
Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5.3.4, Kindle Keyboard 3.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianinmaine View Post
maybe it's a locales problem? Screenshot of spacebar is french?
You are right. After switching from italian to english everything worked well. Any easy fix for this?

Last edited by Aeris; 09-27-2013 at 05:37 AM.
Aeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 05:41 AM   #19
brianinmaine
Evangelist
brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Aren't most of the books written in English? Maybe you could find a way to translate them, but I doubt it. Good luck! You do seem very fluent in english, I know it would be a pain to switch back and forth...

http://www.ifitalia.info/

http://www.ifarchive.org/indexes/if-...eXitalian.html

Last edited by brianinmaine; 09-27-2013 at 05:49 AM.
Old 09-27-2013, 05:50 AM   #20
Aeris
Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Do you mean that locales problem cannot be solved on Paperwhite? Sorry but I'm ignorant and don't know excatly the nature of this kind of stuff...

However yes, switch back and forth to play gargoyle only would be a little pain xD

P.S. That's not a fiction language issue, only a system language one

Last edited by Aeris; 09-27-2013 at 05:54 AM.
Advert
Old 09-27-2013, 06:03 AM   #21
brianinmaine
Evangelist

I'm sorry, I do not know either. I thought the language was in the book, not a system issue. I only know English, so I haven't dealt with this at all. I use Debian and just do a 'dpkg-reconfigure locales' and it lets me pick the right one - I have no idea how to do this on a Kindle.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:36 AM   #22
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeris View Post
You are right. After switching from italian to english everything worked well. Any easy fix for this?
It seems the mistery is that gamma rendering does not work for your locale
Try to change gamma to 1 in garglk.ini file.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:39 AM   #23
Aeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by baf View Post
It seems the mistery is that gamma rendering does not work for your locale
Try to change gamma to 1 in garglk.ini file.
Yay, it worked! Thank you
Old 09-27-2013, 07:47 AM   #24
baf
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeris View Post
Yay, it worked! Thank you
Great.
I changed the gamma setting in the package on my website too.
Old 09-27-2013, 08:13 AM   #25
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
LC_NUMERIC strikes again?

@Aeris: What's the decimal separator in Italian? A dot, or a comma?

Does shoving an export LC_NUMERIC="C" in the startup script help?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:30 AM   #26
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Italian 4.294.967.295,000
French 4 294 967 295,000
English 4,294,967,295.00

According to Sun...
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:33 AM   #27
Aeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post

The decimal separator is a comma, usually ("1.999.999,99")

About the startup script, I'm a bit noob so I don't feel touching something there xD luckily, the gamma setting solved my problem in this case
Old 09-27-2013, 08:33 AM   #28
baf
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post

It may be true. However I wasn't able to make it work. I tried setting LC_NUMERIC to different values, also "C", in the startup script.
Old 09-27-2013, 08:52 AM   #29
baf
Evangelist

@Aeris: I wonder what would happen if you set gamma value to number greater than 1, for example 1.3.
It looked like the gamma value was applied not to character stoke, but to the background.

Ok. NiLuJe rules again.
Function atof used to parse strings in config seems to be locale aware.
Setting locale in the source code solves the problem.

Last edited by baf; 09-27-2013 at 09:17 AM.
Old 09-27-2013, 09:29 AM   #30
baf
Evangelist

gargoyle 0.2

I updated the package on my webpage.
It fixes the above bug discovered by Aeris and resolved by NiLuJe.
Thanks!