Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-10-2014, 01:29 PM   #16
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorViking View Post
Cool, thanks tube!

Another Kindle annoyance is the default send to choice for all my purchases. I wish there was a way to make that the cloud reader. I hate that extra couple clicks. My wife never uses her old kindle, but the next time she turns it on she's going to have a billion books trying to download themselves.
You can do that. Go to your account and devices. Go to the Devices tab, click on your cloud reader and on the left bottom, click "set as default device". Then every book purchased will go to that default device. In your case the cloud.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 04:32 PM   #17
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
You can do that. Go to your account and devices. Go to the Devices tab, click on your cloud reader and on the left bottom, click "set as default device". Then every book purchased will go to that default device. In your case the cloud.
Wow, I swear that I tried that in the past and it wouldn't let the Cloud Reader be the default.

But either way, you seem to have just saved me several seconds a day for the rest of my life. Thank you!
TrevorViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2014, 04:47 PM   #18
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Quote:
Wow, I swear that I tried that in the past and it wouldn't let the Cloud Reader be the default.

But either way, you seem to have just saved me several seconds a day for the rest of my life. Thank you!
You are welcome. Its fairly new. Made a lot of folks happy.

Last edited by Atunah; 12-10-2014 at 04:49 PM.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 01:39 AM   #19
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jruschme View Post
My wife and I have a pair of Fire HD7s which we really enjoy. One annoyance for us, though, is the fact that if either of us buys a book or mails a personal document, even if it is being sent to another device (i.e., KK), it shows up in the carousel of both Fires. As we have very diverse (and divergent) tastes, this is somewhat annoying.

Anybody know of a way to turn off this behavior?

Thanks...
JR
The easiest thing to do is to keep Carousel hidden (as I generally do). Just slide up so all you see are the Favorites. I would add a 'Currently Reading' collection as a Favorite, so it is easy to find what you are currently reading on the Home screen without flipping through (or off, ha) the Carousel.

But more substantively, I would look into setting up Family Library so you have separate accounts. Then only books that you choose to share with the paired account will show up in the Carousel of the other account when added (of course, it is easier to share everything, but you have the option to control it per-item). And your personal documents will truly be personal, and won't show up on the other Fire (and you'll each have your own cloud storage for same). And you'll have a disjoint set of Collections. Each user can control whether the shared items appear on any apps or devices linked to their own account (except Kindle 2 and prior, and maybe some of the apps like Windows Phone or Blackberry).

You also can share books borrowed from public library, or from KOLL, but not borrows from Kindle Unlimited (if you subscribe to that).

Apps and Audiobooks can also be shared via Family Library. I'd like to see them add Music and Video as well. I'm guessing they will when they can get around to it (Apple lets you share all iTunes purchases with up to 5 family members, so I think there is some competition to drive things).

With the latest update to HD7 (2013, not 2012 which probably won't get the update), you can also add the other account to each Fire tablet so you can share the device, and each will retain their own reading and other preferences. So for example, you could get a Fire HDX 8.9 and share it for reading of magazines, or for other activities that benefit from a larger screen.

Last edited by tomsem; 12-11-2014 at 01:48 AM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 01:59 AM   #20
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
Amazon is now resetting my default device to my most recent Kindle no matter how many times I try to reset it to something else. Quite annoying.
Advert
Old 07-08-2015, 01:07 AM   #21
PandathePanda
a toy panda
PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Android dvices
Quote:
Amazon is now resetting my default device to my most recent Kindle no matter how many times I try to reset it to something else. Quite annoying.
I found a way to "fix" this. Go to Manage Your Content and Devices in Amazon's website, then select the device you want to be primary, then click Edit. Then rename the device you want to be primary.

IE: I wanted my K4PC to be the default one. I renamed my Panda's Kindle for PC to Panda's 1st Kindle for PC, and have yet to see amazon change it to something else. (also neccesary to set as default)
PandathePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 06:37 AM   #22
TrevorViking
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandathePanda View Post
I found a way to "fix" this. Go to Manage Your Content and Devices in Amazon's website, then select the device you want to be primary, then click Edit. Then rename the device you want to be primary.

IE: I wanted my K4PC to be the default one. I renamed my Panda's Kindle for PC to Panda's 1st Kindle for PC, and have yet to see amazon change it to something else. (also neccesary to set as default)
That appears to have worked. Thanks PtheP!
Old 07-17-2015, 05:19 PM   #23
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Hi all.
If you ever have to factory reset the original fire, note that the carousel will only show 1000 books at a time. It also takes several hours to get it back where you want it if you have a few thousand books.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote