Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 12-09-2007, 09:27 AM   #1
satanicoPlan
satanicoPlan began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
Request for some screenshots

Hi all!

I want to use the reader for reading technical books about programming such as this:

http://www.hibernate.org/elqNow/elqR...nnotations.pdf

Could anybody tell me whether is it readable (in landscape)? A picture would be very helpful.

I don't mind if it's necessary to convert the PDFs to another format. I'm only trying to find out if I'll be able to read them or not.

Thank you all!
satanicoPlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 11:18 AM   #2
thetechnobear
Connoisseur
thetechnobear has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.thetechnobear has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.thetechnobear has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Iliad, Kindle K3, iPad , iPhone, etc...
sry i didnt really have enough light to take these, and the flash causes bad reflections - (the first one i think is not really focused too well)
i assure you its pin sharp in realty,
the pics dont do justice to the display - if you get one, or see one IRL you will see what i mean.

with A4/Letter i can read a full page in reasonable comfort - if i wasnt reading for hours also in one go.
also in portrait you could zoom, and read in continuous mode which makes it easier to read.
(for me its a bit like printing 2 pages on one side of a4 page - which i also sometimes do)

and landscape is obviously very easy to read.

i read tech docs on it (some of apples dev docs) and do not have any probs with it.

the only thing i wish could be improved is hyperlink handling, as for tech docs you often dont read start - finish... currently you need to use the pen to traverse, not an issue, but i (personally) would like a button shortcuts.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2730.jpg
Views:	656
Size:	622.1 KB
ID:	7691   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2731.jpg
Views:	661
Size:	520.3 KB
ID:	7692  

Last edited by thetechnobear; 12-09-2007 at 11:23 AM.
thetechnobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert