Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 04-22-2011, 02:44 PM   #1
1611mac
eWanderer
1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iMac,iPad3,iPhone5-Kindle Fire,Touch,PaperWhite
h3 tag is being changed on save

I'm using Sigil to change a single css attribute but when I "save," Sigil is also changing <h3> to <h3 id="heading_id_2">

It doesn't change the way my epub output looks but it is doubling my paragraph spacing when converted to .mobi format (in Calibre).

Why is Sigil making the change and can I fix?
1611mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 02:52 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1611mac View Post
I'm using Sigil to change a single css attribute but when I "save," Sigil is also changing <h3> to <h3 id="heading_id_2">

It doesn't change the way my epub output looks but it is doubling my paragraph spacing when converted to .mobi format (in Calibre).

Why is Sigil making the change and can I fix?
That is part of the TOC building process. If you don't break out chapters into individual files, the TOC link would fail without a unique ID.
That should not affect Paragraph spacing, it only applies a label to the header.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2011, 03:03 PM   #3
1611mac
eWanderer
1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
That is part of the TOC building process. If you don't break out chapters into individual files, the TOC link would fail without a unique ID.
That should not affect Paragraph spacing, it only applies a label to the header.
The original file has a great working TOC without going thru Sigil... so not sure I understand. The original is coming from "Pages" on a Mac. The only change I want to make is an css text-indent change from being a percentage to a set 1.5em

Last edited by 1611mac; 04-22-2011 at 03:06 PM.
Old 04-22-2011, 04:21 PM   #4
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1611mac View Post
The original file has a great working TOC without going thru Sigil... so not sure I understand. The original is coming from "Pages" on a Mac. The only change I want to make is an css text-indent change from being a percentage to a set 1.5em
You don't need Sigil for that. Just expand the epub, edit the .css file with a text editor, and re-zip the epub. If you're on a mac, I think PDurrant has some apple scripts to automate the pack / unpack process. Look in the epub forum.
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 04:35 PM   #5
1611mac
eWanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by st_albert View Post
You don't need Sigil for that. Just expand the epub, edit the .css file with a text editor, and re-zip the epub. If you're on a mac, I think PDurrant has some apple scripts to automate the pack / unpack process. Look in the epub forum.
Oh man... of course... thanks much.
Advert
Old 04-22-2011, 05:04 PM   #6
1611mac
eWanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by st_albert View Post
Expanded, changed, and compress again with your suggested script. Problem solved. The epub and it's converted mobi both look great! Thanks