Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 11-16-2008, 11:02 AM   #1
lollercopeter
lollercopeter began at the beginning.

Device: none
Cheap but Comfortable

Being a jobless student, I am on a limited budget. I realize that there are PDAs that are probably fairly cheap, but are they comfortable to read? It seems that the Sony 505 is probably the cheapest real ebook reader available, is this the case? What's my best option for a budget below $200.00?
lollercopeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 04:49 PM   #2
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by lollercopeter View Post
Being a jobless student, I am on a limited budget. I realize that there are PDAs that are probably fairly cheap, but are they comfortable to read? It seems that the Sony 505 is probably the cheapest real ebook reader available, is this the case? What's my best option for a budget below $200.00?
Actually, I would say that the ebookwise 1150 is probably the cheapest dedicated reader out there. Its screen is somewhat lower resolution than newer ebook readers but in general, those who have one seem to really like it. The biggest issues with it are:

1. As of right now, there are not many tools to convert books you buy for it into other formats (should you get a different ebook reader in a few years).

2. Its format for non-windows OS is limited.

3. It supports an older memory card technology which means you will pay more for each card and the cards are much smaller than new SD, and SDHC cards.

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert