Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-23-2010, 09:44 AM   #1
cvswisher
cvswisher began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Multiple EBook readers management?

I have both a Kindle 3 ("Current Generation") and an iPad.

My primary use case for Calibre is downloading and emailing news feeds to the Kindle. However, it keeps trying to push those feeds to my iPad as well. I don't want this. How can I configure to sync to one device and not another?
cvswisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 11:06 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
If you disable the Apple device driver under Preferences->advanced->Plugins->Device Interface Plugins then the news will not be sent when you plug in the iPad. Note that even with the Apple device driver disabled you can still send books to the iPad using the Connect to iTunes option (in fact this is the recommended way).
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert