Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 11-20-2010, 06:04 PM   #1
Austin
Austin began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle, Sony PRS-505
Micro Cruz Reader...

Evening all,

I was just down at Borders and saw what looked like a pretty nice--i.e. cheap--Android-based iPad knockoff called the Micro Cruz Reader. I'm interested in it, but the reviews I'm reading say it hasn't got the Android App Market. I've never worked with Android before, so I'm unfamiliar with the way it works. Can I install the App Market after I buy the hardware?

The machine does come with something called the "Cruz Market," but I can't find any site that lists the sorts of apps you can get in what, I assume, is a more tightly-controlled version of the App Market. I want to get the Kindle App--I've already bought and annotated a couple of Kindle e-books--as well as a Pandora app. Are these available on the Cruz Market?

Finally, does anyone know if this machine is capable of multi-tasking? Is that just a regular feature of Android?

Austin
Austin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 06:47 PM   #2
katzki
Zealot
katzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enough

Device: sony prs 650
How about considering Pocketbook IQ?

If you got hooked by Borders' Cruz reader, I guess you will like Pocketbook IQ more. (which I ordered and am waiting for receiving...)

Pocketbook IQ has the same hardware as Cruz Reader. and I guess cheaper. ($149 in the USA) It will be equipped with Pocketbook's reader app.

http://www.the-ebook-reader.com/pocketbook-iq.html

You can check out the spec there.

About your question... you need to look up Pocketbook forum to see how to achieve apps for these android tablets.

Last edited by katzki; 11-20-2010 at 06:49 PM.
katzki is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert