Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-20-2016, 10:16 AM   #1
danwdoo
Groupie
danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Kindle About This Book Feature

Hello.
It's been a while since I transferred any books to my PW2 using Kindle, but I have a batch I'd like to send this way. I've noticed that books since via Calibre don't have any real information show when I use the "about this book" feature. Is there a way to either link a book like this to the amazon store summary or display a summary Calibre adds? I don't really care which at this point, it would just be nice to be able to see some series and basic summary information here.

Thanks!
danwdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 10:26 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I believe the metadata needs a (correct) ASIN in the {ids}
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 10:39 AM   #3
danwdoo
Groupie
danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Is this something Calibre can find in a metadata update or does this need to be found and entered for the book manually into Calibre?
Old 05-20-2016, 11:32 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by danwdoo View Post
Is this something Calibre can find in a metadata update or does this need to be found and entered for the book manually into Calibre?
It should find it if you have the correct Amazon Locale(website) set in the Metadata source AND it is enabled
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 11:38 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Those features only work for books you purchase from amazon, not sideloaded content. There are various hacks you can use to enable them for sideloaded content, but nothing out of the box in calibre.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 12:15 PM   #6
danwdoo
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Those features only work for books you purchase from amazon, not sideloaded content. There are various hacks you can use to enable them for sideloaded content, but nothing out of the box in calibre.
Ok. I just wanted to know if there was a simple method or configuration I might have missed.

Thanks!
Old 05-20-2016, 04:18 PM   #7
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
This question belongs in the Kindle subforum.

The About the Book/About the Author/X-Ray/EndActions/Public Highlights/Pagenumbers are all things enabled by sidecar files which are added together with the book itself.
The data formats are mostly known, e.g. there is an application to generate X-Ray files (and a calibre plugin port as well) -- but I don't believe anyone has bothered to write an About the Book generator, unless Ephemerality has added it to X-Ray Builder since I last checked.

Typically, when you buy an Amazon book, Amazon sends those files (which they create for their own books) together with the book itself.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote