Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-26-2013, 12:02 AM   #196
Ephemerality
Addict
Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
@twobob right ?

added to the index
Thanks
Ephemerality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:02 AM   #197
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever
techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch hacked
@Ephemarality I downloaded your builder also mobi unpack. In your builder I entered:
/home/godofwar/Downloads/xray/lib/Mobi_Unpack.py (I extracted there) and pressed enter but it just closed. I am running your builder on wine on Fedora 18

Last edited by techiemonkey; 03-26-2013 at 07:08 AM.
techiemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:15 AM   #198
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever
techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

How to use the xray builder in linux(wine) and what is the default output path? Sorry couldnt understand the read me.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:58 PM   #199
Ephemerality
Addict
Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm not 100% how it works on WINE, I only use Windows. Twobob has a few posts on the previous pages showing how he was executing it. You don't need mobi_unpack anymore, it's included in the package. you pretty much just run the x-raybuilder.exe file. You may have to chmod +x some of the other files that are included, but I don't know for sure.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:52 AM   #200
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever

@twobob Can you give me instructions to use xray builder on linux? PLease? I couldnt understand your instructions in the earlier part of this thread. Sorry for bothering you! :O
Thanks.

Last edited by techiemonkey; 03-27-2013 at 08:05 AM.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:26 AM   #201
Ephemerality
Addict

All he did was download the normal package, extract it, did a chmod +x on the mobi_unpack file that I included, then ran it based on the help guidelines. There's no "linux instructions" at this time, it's a matter of messing around with it.

Last edited by Ephemerality; 03-28-2013 at 01:12 AM.
Old 03-29-2013, 02:45 AM   #202
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever

Unhappy

Okay, I am definitely doing something wrong. I cant get this to work. I tried it in windows xp with these commands and all resulted in xraybuilder to close and no output whatsoever. Sorry.
1. xraybuilder [-o C:\] [-s http://www.shelfari.com/books/53294/Deadhouse-Gates] H:\xray\Steven Erikson - Malazan Book of the Fallen 02 - Deadhouse Gates.mobi

2. xraybuilder [-o C:\] [-s http://www.shelfari.com/books/53294/Deadhouse-Gates] "H:\xray\Steven Erikson - Malazan Book of the Fallen 02 - Deadhouse Gates.mobi" (The inverted commas came when I dragged and dropped.

3. [-o C:\] [-s http://www.shelfari.com/books/53294/Deadhouse-Gates] "H:\xray\Steven Erikson - Malazan Book of the Fallen 02 - Deadhouse Gates.mobi"

4. [-o C:\] [-s http://www.shelfari.com/books/53294/Deadhouse-Gates] H:\xray\Steven Erikson - Malazan Book of the Fallen 02 - Deadhouse Gates.mobi
Old 03-29-2013, 02:49 AM   #203
Ephemerality
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by techiemonkey View Post
Okay, I am definitely doing something wrong. I cant get this to work. I tried it in windows xp with these commands and all resulted in xraybuilder to close and no output whatsoever. Sorry.
1. xraybuilder [-o C:\] [-s http://www.shelfari.com/books/53294/Deadhouse-Gates] H:\xray\Steven Erikson - Malazan Book of the Fallen 02 - Deadhouse Gates.mobi

2. xraybuilder [-o C:\] [-s http://www.shelfari.com/books/53294/Deadhouse-Gates] "H:\xray\Steven Erikson - Malazan Book of the Fallen 02 - Deadhouse Gates.mobi" (The inverted commas came when I dragged and dropped.

3. [-o C:\] [-s http://www.shelfari.com/books/53294/Deadhouse-Gates] "H:\xray\Steven Erikson - Malazan Book of the Fallen 02 - Deadhouse Gates.mobi"

4. [-o C:\] [-s http://www.shelfari.com/books/53294/Deadhouse-Gates] H:\xray\Steven Erikson - Malazan Book of the Fallen 02 - Deadhouse Gates.mobi
Try opening a command prompt, navigating to that directory, and paste the following:
Code:
xraybuilder.exe -s http://www.shelfari.com/books/53294/Deadhouse-Gates "H:\xray\Steven Erikson - Malazan Book of the Fallen 02 - Deadhouse Gates.mobi"
At the very least it will give you errors of some sort. The default output directory is in a folder called "out", which should be in the same folder as the program.
Old 04-14-2013, 05:19 AM   #204
kindleloh
kindleloh began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
usage of aliases file

Thank you Ephemerality for the program. I have tested the program and found that the usage of an edited alias file is announced on console but instead the shelfari content is processed.
May be you have a look at your code and could fix it.

Thanks kindleloh
kindleloh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:54 AM   #205
arad26
Zealot
arad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: PW2
When can we expect a version for Mac also? Thank you
arad26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:16 PM   #206
Ephemerality
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindleloh View Post
Thank you Ephemerality for the program. I have tested the program and found that the usage of an edited alias file is announced on console but instead the shelfari content is processed.
May be you have a look at your code and could fix it.

Thanks kindleloh
That is the intended function. The alias file is there to add extra terms to be matched within the book.
For example, if a character's name is Bilbo Baggins on Shelfari, then the program would normally only match that exact phrase within your book. In the alias file, you would want a line similar to "Bilbo Baggins|Bilbo,Filthy Hobbitses" or whatever other names might be referring to that character to maximize the amount of excerpts the character page on your x-ray shows (but you have to be careful not to add something that would match multiple characters or you'll end up with more than you want).

Quote:
Originally Posted by arad26 View Post
When can we expect a version for Mac also? Thank you
It may be possible to run it via Mono for Mac, but I have not had a chance to look into it yet, the laptop I run my Mac environment on is sick right now. There will likely not be a Mac-native (Objective-C) version created, by me at least.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:02 PM   #207
mjwilson
Connoisseur
mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
I'm working on a Calibre version.
mjwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:27 PM   #208
mjwilson
Connoisseur
mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Since there's been a bit of interest, I thought I'd upload the latest 'work-in-progress' version of the Calibre plug-in.

This is still under development so please don't install it expecting instant perfection.

Compared with the previous version, this should be able to generate the locations for the characters it finds. (The results don't seem to be exactly the same as the command-line version however.) Unlike the command-line version it does NOT support aliases, or specifying the location offset; there's probably a few other things I haven't thought of too. These can be added later once the basic functionality is established as working.

For the time being, you need to manually pick a temporary directory to unpack your mobi files into. Nicer features are that the plug-in will remember Shelfari/Wikipedia URLs for you on a per-book basis.

Credits: shinew and Ephemerality for working out how this stuff is supposed to work, and the people behind mobi_unpack and KindleUnpack (the XRay plugin now includes the KindleUnpack code). I hope I've done everything right in terms of licencing and crediting everyone's work, please let me know if not.
Attached Files
File Type: zip plugin_xray_generator.zip (66.7 KB, 186 views)
mjwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:37 PM   #209
arad26
Zealot
arad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjwilson View Post
Since there's been a bit of interest, I thought I'd upload the latest 'work-in-progress' version of the Calibre plug-in.

This is still under development so please don't install it expecting instant perfection.

Compared with the previous version, this should be able to generate the locations for the characters it finds. (The results don't seem to be exactly the same as the command-line version however.) Unlike the command-line version it does NOT support aliases, or specifying the location offset; there's probably a few other things I haven't thought of too. These can be added later once the basic functionality is established as working.

For the time being, you need to manually pick a temporary directory to unpack your mobi files into. Nicer features are that the plug-in will remember Shelfari/Wikipedia URLs for you on a per-book basis.

Credits: shinew and Ephemerality for working out how this stuff is supposed to work, and the people behind mobi_unpack and KindleUnpack (the XRay plugin now includes the KindleUnpack code). I hope I've done everything right in terms of licencing and crediting everyone's work, please let me know if not.
THANK YOU SOOO MUCH FOR YOUR WORK .
Old 04-17-2013, 05:46 PM   #210
arad26
Zealot

I tried to make an x-ray with this new plugin and failed. This error message:
XRAY generation failed...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.xray_generator.xrayaction", line 208, in run
File "calibre_plugins.xray_generator.xrayaction", line 247, in _generate_xray
File "calibre_plugins.xray_generator.xrayaction", line 550, in rawml
IndexError: list index out of range

Last edited by arad26; 04-17-2013 at 05:50 PM.

Tags
application, k5 tools, kindle, kindle tools, x-ray