Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-07-2012, 08:48 PM   #61
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Your PC should have Veranda in your fonts system folder. It's a Window system font. Trebuchet should be there too if not install the nook app and use ES File Explorer to get it from there, They have it in there.

I put the Nook app on my SGP5 and was surprise to see they no longer have Amasis! In fact the app has changed so much since last year. It looks like a copy of the Kindle. They use to have this nice grey theme and now it's just 3 themes like the Kindle app and no way to change the text color that I could tell of. Trebuchet is one of the fonts though.

I modified a few fonts last night to add more weight they look much better on Mantano now. I also really like Charis modified font here that JS Wolf did on Mantano. It looks really nice and I don't usually like many serif fonts.

I also emailed Kindle support about adding a Sans Serif font to Android. I didn't expect to receive a response as I just use the feedback form on the app but I did. They said they forwarded it to the developer team. I told them as a Dyslexic serif fonts are hard for me to read with. I can't tell how many times I sent feedback on the KF and never gotten a peep back.
I downloaded the .rar font that JSwolf posted, but my Mac doesn't open it. How do you modify a font?

I did get Veranda and Trebuchet onto the Mantano and changed the color background. Looks pretty good now. I like how you can make the text size as large as you want. You can't do that with the Kindle reader. I like being able to read .pdf on it too.

Thanks for posting about and linking the free version.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:25 PM   #62
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
I downloaded the .rar font that JSwolf posted, but my Mac doesn't open it. How do you modify a font?

I did get Veranda and Trebuchet onto the Mantano and changed the color background. Looks pretty good now. I like how you can make the text size as large as you want. You can't do that with the Kindle reader. I like being able to read .pdf on it too.

Thanks for posting about and linking the free version.
You need a zip program that opens rar files. I would google for a free one. I'm on a PC and use Winrar for everything so I assume there is Mac program out there like that.

You also have collections with Mantano. Where you can organize your library however you want. We desperately need that on the KF!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert