Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 05-20-2012, 06:13 PM   #1
SterlingKingSize
SterlingKingSize began at the beginning.

Device: none
Mobipocket Reader backup

Apologies if this has already been covered elsewhere in the forum (searched but couldn't find anything) but how do I back up Mobipocket Reader including all books within it?

Is it just a matter of copying the mobipocket folder on my C drive, or the mobipocket.exe file, or whatever? (File size doesn't look big enough to also include all the books.) Or are the converted books stored separately somewhere?

I have the original books in various native formats (epub etc) on an external drive, but would like to avoid having to convert them, in case of computer crash/hard drive failure etc.

thanks in advance
SterlingKingSize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 06:40 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SterlingKingSize View Post
Apologies if this has already been covered elsewhere in the forum (searched but couldn't find anything) but how do I back up Mobipocket Reader including all books within it?

Is it just a matter of copying the mobipocket folder on my C drive, or the mobipocket.exe file, or whatever? (File size doesn't look big enough to also include all the books.) Or are the converted books stored separately somewhere?

I have the original books in various native formats (epub etc) on an external drive, but would like to avoid having to convert them, in case of computer crash/hard drive failure etc.

thanks in advance
If any of your Mobipocket eBooks have DRM and your computer crashes and/or your hard drive needs replacing, they will no longer work as the PID i tied to the system you are using now. The solution is to strip the DRM and then back them up. Have a Googling session for Apprentice Alf.

The Mobipocket eBooks are stored on C:\Users\<user>\Documents\My eBooks This is where they would be in Vista or Windows 7. Windows XP your on your own.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 06:56 PM   #3
SterlingKingSize
SterlingKingSize began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The Mobipocket eBooks are stored on C:\Users\<user>\Documents\My eBooks This is where they would be in Vista or Windows 7. Windows XP your on your own.
Thanks very much for the quick response
I'm using Windows XP, and have found the 'My eBooks' folder.

SterlingKingSize is offline   Reply With Quote