Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-18-2023, 02:06 AM   #31
azuravian
Enthusiast
azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
About the html problem: Forget about it, it means that there is no data associated to that author in goodreads.
Correct!

I've also just updated the plugin with your requested feature of skipping authors that have been done previously. I'm doing this by adding a small print "Generated using the GR Author Notes plugin" to the end of the bio. It will only do this going forward, so any authors you have already run it on will rerun the first time, but will skip going forward.

There is a checkbox you can check before starting if you want to update existing notes.
azuravian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2023, 02:33 AM   #32
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by azuravian View Post
Correct!

I've also just updated the plugin with your requested feature of skipping authors that have been done previously. I'm doing this by adding a small print "Generated using the GR Author Notes plugin" to the end of the bio. It will only do this going forward, so any authors you have already run it on will rerun the first time, but will skip going forward.

There is a checkbox you can check before starting if you want to update existing notes.
Thank you very much! I'll do it, and I'll try to check some existing authors to redo it (as I haven't edited the authors, I believe).
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2023, 04:36 PM   #33
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Correct!

I've tested it and the mark is there but the bio is generated every time. I can confirm it because I edited one bio with the mark and, after processing the book again, my change had disappeared.
Old 12-18-2023, 11:25 PM   #34
azuravian
Enthusiast
azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Quote:
I've tested it and the mark is there but the bio is generated every time. I can confirm it because I edited one bio with the mark and, after processing the book again, my change had disappeared.
When editing, did you modify the mark at all?
Old 12-19-2023, 01:25 AM   #35
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
No, I only removed a 0 from one of the cells in the table.
Advert
Old 12-19-2023, 11:34 AM   #36
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Thank you very much for the plugin, it's works ok for me but... what's the meaning of this when it's not able to download information about an author (book is in goodreads):
Spoiler:
calibre, version 7.2.0
Updated files: Processed 0 author(s)

Added a total of 0 author bios to notes.

A total of 1 author(s) were skipped based on html content.

If you are a librarian on Goodreads you can add data on books with authors, I will leave it for you as information.
dunhill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2023, 12:01 PM   #37
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunhill View Post
If you are a librarian on Goodreads you can add data on books with authors, I will leave it for you as information.
Thank you for the information, I'll check it.
Old 12-19-2023, 09:40 PM   #38
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
It is seen that by modifying the code some translations were lost.
There are some sequences that at first the translation took but now it doesn't.
The code paragraph is in main.py

Code:
  canceledtext = _(f'Process was canceled after updating {dlg.authorstotal} author(s) \n\n{event} a total of {dlg.authorstotal} author bios to notes.\n\n')

processedtext = _(f'Processed {len(authors)} author(s) \n\n{event} a total of {dlg.authorstotal} author bios to notes. \n\n')

return _(f'{text}A total of {dlg.skippedtotal} author(s) were skipped based on html content.')

I will not put the correction here, of what has already been translated until I can solve it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	88
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	205337   Click image for larger version

Name:	22.png
Views:	75
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	205338   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.png
Views:	77
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	205339  

Last edited by dunhill; 12-19-2023 at 09:47 PM.
dunhill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2024, 12:44 AM   #39
azuravian
Enthusiast

Update added to the original post.
Old 01-16-2024, 12:39 PM   #40
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Quote:
I've already found the issue. The mark is translated inside the file, and it's looking for the Spanish text, but the plugin always set the mark in English. So, the set is not translated but the search yes.
Old 01-21-2024, 04:07 AM   #41
crnirg
Enthusiast
crnirg began at the beginning.

Device: Tablet (Android)
I really like this plugin and I would like to ask why I get this error:
calibre, version 7.4.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>UnboundLocalError</b>:cannot access local variable 'book_dict' where it is not associated with a value

calibre 7.4 embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.19045-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19045')
Python 3.11.5
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19045', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.grauthornotes.main", line 66, in do_author_action
File "calibre_plugins.grauthornotes.authornotes", line 21, in link
File "calibre_plugins.grauthornotes.authornotes", line 174, in get_booksoup
UnboundLocalError: cannot access local variable 'book_dict' where it is not associated with a value

Since I have many authors, I select a few of them and at some point I get the specified error. After that nothing happens anymore and I have to select Cancel. What happened until then he collected Ok.

Last edited by crnirg; 01-21-2024 at 04:27 AM.
crnirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 10:49 PM   #42
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by crnirg View Post
I really like this plugin and I would like to ask why I get this error:
calibre, version 7.4.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>UnboundLocalError</b>:cannot access local variable 'book_dict' where it is not associated with a value

calibre 7.4 embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.19045-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19045')
Python 3.11.5
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19045', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.grauthornotes.main", line 66, in do_author_action
File "calibre_plugins.grauthornotes.authornotes", line 21, in link
File "calibre_plugins.grauthornotes.authornotes", line 174, in get_booksoup
UnboundLocalError: cannot access local variable 'book_dict' where it is not associated with a value

Since I have many authors, I select a few of them and at some point I get the specified error. After that nothing happens anymore and I have to select Cancel. What happened until then he collected Ok.
I get that error only when the option Set author links is checked
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 05:13 AM   #43
Comfy.n
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi @azuravian, thanks again for this awesome plugin. I'm using it also on the book details section via custom column, so I made a modification to its html to make the output more compact. Now there's a technical adjustment beyond my knowledge that you might be able to do, if you find it necessary: can the plugin get the Author birth data from the mobile page, instead of the desktop one?

Take this author for instance:
https://www.goodreads.com/author/sho...Dianne_Ascroft

Name:	desktop MWSnap 2024-03-29, 05_40_32.png
Views:	30
Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	207226

The plugin downloads this info:
Born in Toronto, Canada

However, the mobile page displays more complete data, which can be accessed on this link at the website footer: https://www.goodreads.com/toggle_mobile. At the end of the mobile page, on the right side, there's a spoiler-like expanding arrow that will show the full info on a section called "Author Details":
Born in Toronto, Canada on January 19, 1960.

Name:	mobile MWSnap 2024-03-29, 05_41_16.png
Views:	25
Size:	8.9 KB
ID:	207227

This info is useful to filter authors born on a given date, using the FTS-like Notes search, like this:

Name:	2024-03-29 05_39_28-Browse notes.png
Views:	32
Size:	118.5 KB
ID:	207228

Unfortunately, the URL is the same for both website versions, so this would need a cookie to be passed, as coders say here. The cookie name is mobvious.device_type, I've attached them in case you want to take a look.
Old Today, 03:01 AM   #44
Comfy.n

not working for me anymore... maybe GR changed something on their end
Old Today, 03:13 AM   #45
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfy.n View Post
not working for me anymore... maybe GR changed something on their end
Same here.

Tags
author, calibre 7, goodreads, notes, plugin