Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-22-2020, 08:14 PM   #1
Tzar
World War II buff
Tzar does all things with Zen-like beautyTzar does all things with Zen-like beautyTzar does all things with Zen-like beautyTzar does all things with Zen-like beautyTzar does all things with Zen-like beautyTzar does all things with Zen-like beautyTzar does all things with Zen-like beautyTzar does all things with Zen-like beautyTzar does all things with Zen-like beautyTzar does all things with Zen-like beautyTzar does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Aura One
Kindle jumps to next chapter

I've got a weird issue on my Kindle Oasis 2019 5.13.3.

Let's say I'm reading a book. I exit the book to go to home screen. I open a new book. Then I come back to home screen and reopen the first book. You would think Kindle would open the book on the same page I left last time. Wrong. It opens on the first page of the next chapter. Does that since a couple of weeks.

At first I was mightily confused because I was reading stuff that didn't make sense until I realized Kindle was skipping all remaining pages of the chapter I was reading to reopen on the next chapter rather than reopening on the last page I was last time I was reading that book.

Note this doesn't happen if I am reopening the same book. It only does that if I open another book and then come back to the first one.

Anyone has this issue?
Tzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 08:23 PM   #2
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
I am not have that issue with my new paperwhite or my kindle front light screen, and I am reading three books and I go back and forth all the time
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2020, 12:28 PM   #3
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Tzar--Does this happen with only a few books or all books on your Kindle? If you are only seeing the problem with a few books, I would suspect it has something to do with how the specific books are formatted. This is just a guess on my part--I'm not an expert on book formatting by any means!
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 12:34 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
This vaguely reminds me a custom font related issue. Are you using custom fonts?
NiLuJe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 05:59 PM   #5
homeceo43
Connoisseur
homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.

Device: Meebook P78 Pro, Likebook P6
This issue has been bugging me for a while.

It has to be a custom font issue! And a terribly annoying issue at that! Thanks for the tip @NiLuJe.

For me, this behavior happens only on AZW3 books I sideload, not books downloaded directly to my KOA3, which I think mostly are the KFX format.

I find that if I change to a different custom font or even change the size of the custom font in a book, then go back to another book, that book has skipped to the next chapter. Every time!

If I use the Kindle fonts, no such behavior. Books open where I last left off.
homeceo43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert