Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 05-10-2016, 03:35 AM   #1
DP812
DP812 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Epub to PDF prints blank pages

I'm having an odd issue with Epub to PDF conversion. I'm on Mac and when I open the converted PDF in either Mac Preview or Adobe Acrobat Reader, it works just fine. But when I go to print the document, it only spits out blank pages. Any thoughts what the problem is?
DP812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 03:45 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No idea, but generally speaking it is likely to be a bug in the printer drivers on your computer. Something in the file is causing them to barf. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to go about figuring out what that might be.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2016, 04:36 AM   #3
DP812

Looks like I was a bit mistaken in my initial post. It seems that sometimes, the Calibre-converted PDF will show text in Acrobat Reader but other times, Acrobat Reader also shows blank pages. I can't figure out what happened to make one output work in Reader but another output doesn't.
Old 05-10-2016, 06:24 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=186697
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 06:50 PM   #5
DP812

It was an issue with the fonts, I've found a way around it.
Advert