Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-29-2007, 11:07 PM   #1
LaughingVulcan
Technophile
LaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-650 Sony, Nook Simpletouch, more legacy gear than I can remember
Inaccurate categories on Connect Website

I'm still cruising on the web side of the Connect Store's index ( http://ebooks.connect.com ) looking for how to spend my *small* remaining credit before Friday.

Anyway, as I'm cruising through the Star Trek titles in the Science Fiction->Star Trek section, I came across two or three books which didn't seem in the slightest Trek to me. (2004 Total Horoscope, by Astrology World Staff or It's Good to Be the King?Sometimes by Jerry Lawler)

Then I'm cruising through Science->Other Science, and I came across:

T2: The Future War
by S. M. Stirling
HarperCollins (05/25/2004)
Other Science & Nature

And I went, "Wha???" Nobody told me that Skynet was actually producing them now.

So I thought, "eh, rather than me just hoovering two or three and emailing them off, why not ask for others to see what they can spot?"

Please let me know whether you're cruising using the webside browser or through the Connect software. I'd like to have the info above (Title, Author, Publisher, Category you misfound it in, and Category you think it belongs in) and I'll periodically sweep them up and send them in email to Sony.

For the sake of the cleaner (assuming that this thread gets contributions...) can I ask that thread drift be kept to a minimum? Thanks in advance!

Last edited by LaughingVulcan; 08-29-2007 at 11:10 PM.
LaughingVulcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 02:04 AM   #2
flumbo
I got nothin...
flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaughingVulcan View Post
And I went, "Wha???" Nobody told me that Skynet was actually producing them now.
Well, today is the 10 year anniversary of the date Skynet came online. August 29, 1997.

(so much useless information in my head)
flumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2007, 11:31 AM   #3
csantill
csantill began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
I think this one is even worse

Genes, Girls, and Gamow
by
James D. Watson

A kind of sequel to Double Helix (autobiographical) Is listed in the Fantasy section.
csantill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 08:00 AM   #4
kilohertz53
Zealot
kilohertz53 will become famous soon enoughkilohertz53 will become famous soon enoughkilohertz53 will become famous soon enoughkilohertz53 will become famous soon enoughkilohertz53 will become famous soon enoughkilohertz53 will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-500, Sony PRS-350, Augen "The Book"
Yes, there are a lot of misfiled and oddly described e-books at the Sony Connect store. It's more like the Sony DIS-Connect Store. When I find anything I'm even vaguely interested in (no matter where it's been filed), I put it on my wishlist because I might otherwise never be able to find it again. The search engine is nearly useless.

Another thing that drives me crazy is that after I put something in my cart, pressing the "Continue Browsing" button brings me back to the opening page of the website. When I shop at a real store, I don't go back to the front of the store every time I place an item in my shopping cart. Who designed this thing? Even pressing the back arrow button doesn't necessarily take you back to where you were.

I'm just glad to have my shopping "spree" finished. I don't trust the Connect Store to NOT have a meltdown as all the new Reader owners rush to use their credits before the deadline tonight.
kilohertz53 is offline   Reply With Quote